With just 3 days before the season kicks off, it’s time to grab whatever news you can. We’ve been scouring the web on your behalf and this is what we found…
- Luke Shaw (6m) has been ruled out for 4 weeks with a hamstring injury. With Evans and Valencia also struggling, there are question marks over United’s defensive solidity. If it weren’t for a favourable fixture run we’d be recommending you steer clear completely but Jones (5.5m) and De Gea (5.5m) remain potential options. However, even with the fixtures it might be best to avoid the remainder of the United backline.
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) August 13, 2014
- Van Gaal said that the performance against Valencia on Tuesday was the ‘worst‘ in his 6 games in charge. With injuries to other important players like Carrick and Van Persie, Van Gaal has his work cut out despite a strong fixture run for the start of the season.
- In other news, Mourinho has been singing Costa‘s (10.5m) praises after his brace saw off Real Sociedad. “What can we expect? I expect Diego and Diego is a team player who works hard, he’s not just about goals,” said Mourinho. Costa has adapted well to the team and could be set to punish Burnley and Leicester in Chelsea’s first two games
“For a striker like him, a champion in Spain, a Champions League finalist, a 25-year-old, we consider the price was very much in our favour.”
- Chelsea’s lineup against Real Sociedad (4-3-3): Courtois; Ivanovic (Zouma, 82), Cahill (Azpilicueta, 45), Terry (Christiansen, 86) , Ake (Luis, h-t); Ramires (Oscar, h-t), Matic (Van Ginkel, 82), Fábregas (Mikel, 71); Schürrle (Willian, h-t), Costa (Torres, 60), Hazard (Salah, 82)
- Courtois (6m) started against Sociedad, does that mean he’ll start the season as Mourinho’s No.1? Whoever does get the chance between the sticks will be decent value at 6m and is sure to rise over the course of the season as Chelsea rack up the clean sheets. Looking at all the teams, they seem most likely to be secure at the back as we enter 2014/15.
As always, this is the most uncertain time of the entire season. Managers and players have come and gone and for many it’s a fresh start. Taking punts on players can be valuable but don’t forget to back some guaranteed starters. Good luck fellow addicts!
[box type=”info”]Over the coming weeks, we’ll be revamping Fantasy Football Addict, looking at various new features that we’ll introduce including more stats-based articles and quizzes. So to avoid missing out follow us @FFAddicted and on our Facebook page. Also, we’re looking for other fantasy football addicts that might want to join this ever-growing website, if you’re interested get in touch and GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevendepolo/