This weekend, the action is pretty evenly spread between Saturday and Sunday, following the midweek European games. On Saturday, we’re treated to crackers like Leicester-Palace, West Ham-Chelsea and finishing the day with the late kick off between Arsenal and Everton.
Then on Sunday, we have derby day starting with the midday kick off for the Tyne-Wear derby before United host City at 2.05pm. The gameweek signs off with Liverpool welcoming Southampton to Anfield. It all shows signs of one terrific weekend of football and we can’t wait to soak it all in.
One thing to note is that there is no early kick off on Saturday so this week’s deadline has been pushed back to 2pm. Unfortunately, this will probably be just before the majority of lineups are announced but it will give you a bit more time to weigh up those final transfers. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the players who are worthy of consideration.
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Jack BUTLAND [WAT(H), 4.5m] – Stoke have not conceded in their last 2 matches and are showing signs of solidity at the back. This all bodes well as they face Watford this weekend who have struggled all season in front of goal.
- Hector BELLERIN [EVE(H), 5.8m] – Bellerin has played as a winger in the past and it’s obvious he’s very comfortable pushing on to provide attacking support. With his speed, he’s caused problems and created chances with 2 goals being converted in his last 3 games. Bellerin also picked up further assist for Ozil’s goal against Bayern and even if he fails to secure a clean sheet, he provides promise at the other end of the field.
- Toby ALDERWEIRELD [BOU(A), 5.2m] – Spurs have been solid at the back this season, conceding just 7 goals so far and picking up 4 clean sheets in the process. Bournemouth continue to miss Wilson’s presence and may struggle to penetrate the Spurs backline in Gameweek 10.
- Craig DAWSON [NOR(A), 5.1m] – Dawson justified his inclusion last week, helping West Brom to secure their 5th clean sheet of the season. It’ll be a close game with Norwich but if they can keep Redmond quiet, the Baggies might well pick up another result.
- Kevin DE BRUYNE [MUN(A), 10.5m] – De Bruyne was overshadowed by Sterling’s hat trick, picking up a single assist in the Bournemouth battering. He was hooked off after just 61 minutes with the Sevilla match in mind and it paid off as the talented Belgian scored the winner in added time. It’ll be a great game against United and De Bruyne has the quality to help City give De Gea a serious test on Sunday afternoon.
- Alexis SANCHEZ (C) [EVE(H), 11.4m] – Sanchez may not play the full 90 against Everton but with the form he’s in and the way he drives Arsenal forward, Sanchez can secure the attacking returns. It’ll be a tough game against Everton as they will have trained hard following the disappointing United defeat but Arsenal are full of confidence, having beaten the German giants Bayern.
- Georginio WIJNALDUM [SUN(A), 6.9m] – Newcastle bounced back from their City drubbing with a convincing victory of their own thanks to Wijnaldum and his 4 goals. It was the perfect result as Newcastle embark on a favourable run of fixtures that can help them climb out of the bottom 3. With players like Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Mitrovic, they clearly have the firepower to punish a Sunderland side devoid of confidence.
- Yannick BOLASIE [LEI(A), 6.2m] – It was a close call between Cabaye and Bolasie but we’ve gone for the latter as he’s had almost twice as many touches in the final third than the Frenchman (110 to 60) in the last 4 gameweeks. Bolasie’s also had 15 touches in the penalty area compared to Cabaye’s 6 and with Leicester attacking with freedom, Palace are sure to have their chances on the counter.
- Mesut OZIL [EVE(H), 8.4m] – Ozil rewarded our faith in last week’s Select XI, creating 2 goals to pick up his second double figure haul to collect 25 points in the last 2 gameweeks. Scoring the second goal against Bayern, Ozil is flying and set to drive Arsenal forward as they chase down City at the top.
- Jamie VARDY [CPL(H), 7.0m] – Vardy is in the form of his life and thriving up top in Ranieri’s Leicester side. Replicating Kane’s amazing budget striker potential last season, Vardy has scored 9 goals already and shows no signs of stopping as Leicester attack, attack, attack!
- Diego COSTA [WHM(A), 11.0m] – Costa’s return was just what Chelsea needed and he inspired them to victory with a goal and assist against Villa. It’ll be a much tougher test at high flyers West Ham but Costa will be looking to build on his ideal return to league action.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/