Clean sheets are definitely on the up as 9 teams recorded shut-outs in Gameweek 9. However, we don’t expect this to be a regular occurrence and would recommend sticking with 3 defenders at the back.
We’re also holding on to the 3-5-2 formation with strikers failing to impress. The third highest scoring striker is Defoe on 42 points but there are a whopping 15 midfielders topping him in the points charts!
With delicious fantasy points just around the corner, let’s get to work!
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Petr CECH [SUN(A), 5.5m] – Cech was inspired in the draw against Middlesbrough, making some fine saves as the Arsenal backline faced a difficult test. Things shouldn’t be as tricky against goal-shy Sunderland and we’re backing Cech once more to hold the fort.
- Antonio VALENCIA [BUR(H), 5.6m] – Despite being trounced by Chelsea, United have been relatively strong at the back, conceding just 3 times in the previous 4 games. Valencia created 3 chances against Chelsea and he’s got a good shout of picking up points at both ends of the pitch when he faces Burnley.
- Jose HOLEBAS [HUL(H), 4.7m] – Holebas has now secured back-to-back clean sheets and there’s a decent chance of making it a hat trick. Hull’s creator, Snodgrass is out for a month, whilst Holebas will continue to be an attacking threat taking set pieces.
- Kyle WALKER [LEI(H), 6.1m] – Spurs have only conceded 4 goals this season, highlighting just how impressive they’ve been so far. With tougher fixtures to come, they’ll face more difficult tests but Spurs will keep it tight against Leicester and may secure their sixth clean sheet of the campaign
- Roberto FIRMINO [CPL(A), 8.5m] – Firmino was overshadowed last week by Coutinho and Mane as he picked up a single assist but his stats were impressive as he created 4 chances and had 4 shots at goal too. If he can continue in this vein, higher returns are on the cards.
- Raheem STERLING [WBA(A), 8.4m] – City are going through a bit of a rough patch but their players are too good for it to continue. With De Bruyne possibly missing out and Aguero misfiring, we’re opting for the budget-friendly Sterling. He still looks confident going forward and will surely cause the Baggies problems with his pace and direct running.
- Alexis SANCHEZ (C) [SUN(A), 11.3m] – Despite Arsenal being held to a goalless draw by Boro last week, Sanchez looked the most likely to break the deadlock and we’re backing him to do the damage against Sunderland. With 4 goals and 4 assists already this season, Sanchez is a livewire who is more than capable of picking up a strong score in Gameweek 10.
- Adama TRAORE [BOU(H), 4.8m] – To balance Sanchez’s pricetag, we’ve chosen a budget star in Traore who made his first start of the season against Arsenal last week and caused them all sorts of problems. He looked top notch and in that sort of form, Traore is sure to hold on to his spot in the starting eleven and attacking points won’t be far behind.
- Theo WALCOTT [SUN(A), 8.1m] – Walcott’s price has shot up since his brace in Gameweek 8 but at 8.1m, he still offers great value for a goalscoring midfielder. With 5 strikes already this season, Walcott should easily hit double figures for goals and could be a key figure as Arsenal fight for the title.
- Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC [BUR(H), 11.3m] – Ibrahimovic is currently suffering from a bit of a dry patch having failed to return any attacking points in the last 4 gameweeks. United are still finding their way under Mourinho but they have a great game against Burnley in which to secure a win and for Zlatan to show that he’s still capable of bringing home the points.
- Romelu LUKAKU [WHM(H), 9.7m] – Lukaku was slightly fortuitous with his assist as it was more a case of Bolasie taking over and slotting home but points are points! With 55 to his name already, Lukaku is having a terrific season and West Ham will have to be at their best to stop the big Belgian.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/edrost88/