Well 10 gameweeks have now passed and squads are finally starting to take shape. We’re slowly getting an idea of which players are essential for fantasy success and with 28 more rounds to go, there’s everything still to play for.
Don’t worry if a rival has steamed ahead, this is a long race and one where a single gameweek can get you right back in the mix. With that in mind, let’s take a look at which matches capture our attention this weekend.
Surprisingly, there isn’t a single fixture for Saturday lunchtime, so it’s all eyes on 3pm. Chelsea, Liverpool and Southampton will be backed for home wins when they face West Brom, Fulham and Hull respectively.
However, the game we’re all looking forward to takes place on Sunday at the peculiar time of 4.10pm, where United host Arsenal in a game they simply can not afford to lose. United are currently 8 points adrift of leaders Arsenal and a loss would widen the gap considerably.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the eleventh gameweek of the season:
- Artur BORUC [HUL(H), 5.0m] – Southampton have the best defensive record in the league and are only bettered in Europe by Roma. Pochettino’s high pressing game is proving crucial to their defensive solidity and with Hull visiting next, we’re backing the Saints for another shutout.
- Jan VERTONGHEN [NEW(H), 7.2m] – Vertonghen may have a massive pricetag but he has delivered some tidy scores recently with 3 clean sheets in his last 3. In addition, he’s picked up the maximum 3 bonus points in the last 2 gameweeks. With Newcastle arriving at White Hart Lane next, another clean sheet could be on the cards before Spurs have to take on the two Manchester clubs.
- John TERRY [WBA(H), 6.4m] – Since Mourinho’s return, Terry has been back to his best with the confidence instilled in him by his manager. He was also unfortunate not to get on the scoreline last weekend and with the Baggies struggling to find the back of the net, we’re backing captain Terry to lead Chelsea to a clean sheet.
- Glen JOHNSON [FUL(H), 5.7m] – With an injury scare out of the way, Johnson is set to start once again this weekend when Liverpool take on a Fulham side desperate for points. Liverpool will be keen to get back on track following their loss to Arsenal and they’ll be confident of securing the 3 points in front of their home fans in Gameweek 11.
- Dejan LOVREN [HUL(H), 5.8m] – It can be dangerous doubling up on the same team but it’s a simple case of double or nothing. Just because two players are on the same team, it doesn’t mean you should be afraid of picking both when faced with a favourable fixture. In this case, we’re predicting a tight game where Southampton should come out on top, giving Lovren a great chance of stopping Hull from scoring.
- Aaron RAMSEY [MUN(A), 7.1m] – Set for another price rise tonight, everyone is slowly flocking to Ramsey who continues to defy his pricetag with performance after performance. Last weekend, it was a spectacular goal against Liverpool and last night he scored the winner against Dortmund. It’ll be a tricky game away at United but Ramsey will be floating on confidence, which makes him a very dangerous proposition.
- Kevin MIRALLAS [CPL(A), 7.2m] – Everton are in pretty decent form and are currently level on points with City who are 4th in the table. Mirallas has got 3 assists in his last 6 and despite a tricky game with Spurs last week, we fancy the Belgian’s chances this time round. An away match against Palace is a game that Everton need to win if they have hopes of keeping up with the top teams and Martinez will be looking to Mirallas to lead the way.
- Eden HAZARD [WBA(H), 9.1m] – There has been a lot of fuss about Hazard’s omission from the Champions League squad but Mourinho’s comments seem to suggest that leaving him out of the Schalke game may be punishment enough for a late arrival back from Lille. It’s not certain that he’ll start but we’re taking a gamble and picking him anyway. Having started all but one of Chelsea’s league games, Hazard was probably due a rest and he’ll be raring to go against a tricky West Brom defence.
- Luis SUAREZ (C) [FUL(H), 11.7m] – Arsenal managed to somehow subdue Suarez last weekend but we can’t see lightning striking twice when Fulham roll up to Anfield. Jol will have had trouble sleeping this week, desperately trying to think of a strategy to nullify Suarez and Sturridge. We don’t think it’s possible, which is why we’ve also given the captain’s armband to the deadly Uruguayan.
- Sergio AGUERO [SUN(A), 11.8m] – Aguero is showing just what he’s capable of and exactly what City missed last season in their title push. If they can keep him fit, they can expect plenty more goals and assists from the talented Argentinian. An away trip to Sunderland could be tricky but Wes Brown will be in for a serious test against the City attack as he makes his way back from injury.
- Daniel STURRIDGE [FUL(H), 10.0m] – Suarez may be attracting most of the attention but Sturridge is also having an excellent season and is full of confidence too, as shown by his delightful lob in Gameweek 9. As mentioned earlier, people sometimes question doubling up but when Suarez and Sturridge are both performing and have an excellent fixture, it just seems to make sense to pick them both.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/82799088@N03/