After a week to forget for the English Champions League sides, at least Spurs and Everton were able to regain some pride for our FPL sides with 2 tidy victories. It’ll be interesting to see how these top sides will bounce back this weekend.
We don’t have to wait too long to find out as Liverpool host Chelsea in Saturday’s early kick off. Liverpool are seriously struggling without Sturridge but coming up against Chelsea could revive their spirit. This is definitely going to be a game you won’t want to miss.
Elsewhere, we’re expecting strong home wins for United against Palace, Southampton vs Leicester and West Ham vs Villa. It’ll also be interesting to see if Pellegrini can inspire City as they travel to QPR. In Aguero, he has a player he can always depend on to cause trouble.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the 11th gameweek of the season:
- David DE GEA [CPL(H), 5.4m] – We all know about United’s struggles at the back but against City and Chelsea they have improved, conceding a solitary goal on each occasion. Van Gaal seems to be getting to grips with his United squad and with players returning from injury, it only seems a matter of time before it all clicks into place. With such attacking strength, a rare clean sheet could fall De Gea’s way.
- Carl JENKINSON [AVL(H), 5.0m] – Despite missing the start of the season, Jenkinson has secured a starting spot, playing the full 90 in West Ham’s last 4 games. The Hammers should be too strong for Villa and with them missing Benteke, they could easily revert back to the form that saw them play 5 games without scoring.
- Nathaniel CLYNE [LEI(H), 5.6m] – With the vast majority of sides failing to keep things tight at the back, Southampton are bucking the trend with an incredible 6 clean sheets so far this season. Clyne picked up 2 bonus points in addition to his clean sheet last weekend and as he faces Leicester next, he could be set for further defensive returns.
- Leighton BAINES [SUN(A), 7.2m] – Collecting another clean sheet against Sunderland may not be on the cards but even so, as Baines showed against Burnley in Gameweek 9, he has his attacking strength to back him up. In that game he created a goal and picked up 2 bonus points to return an impressive 7 points regardless of the clean sheet.
- Stewart DOWNING [AVL(H), 5.8m] – Following a move into a central role, Downing is flourishing, leading to a recent call-up to the England squad. He’ll be booming after that news and is set to face his former-side Villa. Players have a knack of delivering against previous employers, so we’re backing the rejuvenated Downing to more than justify his budget pricetag.
- Alexis SANCHEZ [SWA(A), 10.7m] – Sanchez rewarded our captaincy faith with a massive 16-point haul to become the most in-form player in the FPL. With managers scrambling to get him in, Sanchez’s price has already risen twice to reach 10.7m. He’s scoring goals for fun and it’s a fantasy danger to be without him right now.
- Eden HAZARD [LIV(A), 10.0m] – Hazard was the best player on the pitch against Maribor and seems to be finding his feet and responsibility in this Chelsea side. Until Costa regains his unstoppable form, Hazard is our Chelsea coverage of choice and he’s sure to be a constant threat to this struggling Liverpool team.
- Angel DI MARIA (C) [CPL(H), 10.1m] – Di Maria may have gone 2 games without attacking returns but given that they have come against City and Chelsea he can be forgiven. Next up, he faces Palace and with United growing in confidence, we’re backing him to make the difference and secure a strong home victory.
- Graziano PELLE [LEI(H), 8.4m] – Being the focal point of Southampton’s attack, Pelle has thrived with 6 goals and 3 assists so far. He comes up against Leicester next and they’re in for a battle, trying to contain one of the best sides in the league at the moment.
- Sergio AGUERO [QPR(A), 12.6m] – City may be struggling from a crisis of confidence with Silva missing but the same can’t be said for Aguero. With a player of such quality, Aguero will think he can score everytime he takes to the pitch and he may very well do that when he goes to Loftus Road.
- Diafra SAKHO [AVL(H), 5.8m] – As we mentioned earlier this week, we’re expecting a strong win for West Ham against Villa and with Sakho back in the mix, he takes our final Select XI spot. He was training yesterday and will be hoping to make history, scoring his 6th consecutive goal in as many games.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/calciostreaming/