The three table-toppers, City, Arsenal and Liverpool all scored 4 goals each in Gameweek 10. This led to a number of high scores for fantasy managers with players like Sanchez, Aguero and Lukaku all returning double-figure hauls.
A special mention should go to Chelsea who made it 4 wins from 4 without a single goal being conceded during this period, beating Southampton at St Mary’s last week. With Everton, Spurs and City in their next 4 games, their new formation and current form will be truly tested.
Gameweek 11 is split right down the middle this weekend with 5 games on Saturday and another 5 on Sunday. With these two halves to look forward to, let’s get down to it!
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Artur BORUC [SUN(H), 4.6m] – Bournemouth have only conceded a single goal in their last four home games. Next up, they welcome Sunderland to their fortress and a clean sheet is a likely outcome for Boruc.
- Nathaniel CLYNE [WAT(H), 5.6m] – For the first time since Gameweek 2, Liverpool conceded more than a single goal in a match as McArthur grabbed a brace with his head for Palace. At home to Watford, things should be tighter at the back whilst Clyne will also be given licence to bomb forward down the right.
- Christian FUCHS [WBA(H), 5.4m] – Leicester are about to embark on a favourable run of fixtures where City are the only Champions League-level team they face in the next 10 gameweeks. This gives them an ideal opportunity to climb the table starting with a home encounter against the Baggies.
- John STONES [MID(H), 5.0m] – City were emphatic against West Brom last week scoring 4, whilst Stones picked up his first clean sheet points in the process. They followed it up with a victory over Barcelona in the midweek Champions League game and confidence will be sky high as they take on Middlesbrough.
- Roberto FIRMINO [WAT(H), 8.6m] – Firmino led the line once more against Palace and scored a delightful chip. Unfortunately, that led to the Brazilian removing his shirt for his first yellow card of the campaign. Liverpool are another team with fantastic fixtures to come and we fully expect them to be fighting it out at the top of the table at the turn of the year.
- Raheem STERLING [MID(H), 8.3m] – Sterling is going through a bit of a dry patch with no attacking returns in his last 4 games but we don’t expect this to last. City have rediscovered their goalscoring touch of late, whilst Sterling will be in and about the opposition box as seen in the game against Barca.
- Philippe COUTINHO [WAT(H), 8.5m] – Set to rise in price, Coutinho has been the driving force behind Liverpool and two great corners from the playmaker led to goals for both centre halves against Palace. He also hit the post in Gameweek 10 and further attacking returns are on the cards against Watford.
- Junior STANISLAS [SUN(H), 5.5m] – If Stanislas is passed fit for Gameweek 11 (75% at the time of writing), he’ll be eager to pick up from where he left off notching 3 goals and as many assists in his last 3 games (37 points in total).
- Eden HAZARD [EVE(H), 9.9m] – Since the change in formation, Hazard has been freed up to join Costa in attack to devastating consequence. He’s scored 3 goals and set up another in the last 3 gameweeks to rack up 30 points, and is quickly fighting his way back into our fantasy football lineups.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [MID(H), 13.1m] – Aguero punished managers who dared to ditch him in the most painful way possible with a 16-point haul last week as he scored twice and created another. It’s fair to say our favourite explosive Argentinian is back and there’s no doubt about who we’re captaining for Gameweek 11.
- Charlie AUSTIN [HUL(A), 6.7m] – After scoring 4 in 4 games, Austin’s drawn a blank against City and Chelsea in the last 2 gameweeks, but we’re backing him to get back on track against a Hull side that can’t catch a break at the moment.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bensutherland/