The international break is over and it leaves an air of uncertainty, heading into Gameweek 12. A number of injury doubts have appeared and although press conferences have taken place, we’re still unsure of lineups this weekend.
It’s been the best part of 2 weeks since we had any domestic action and we hope you’re nice and refreshed, ready for some fantasy football action. We’re currently in an interesting fixture spot, as Chelsea embark on a fantastic run, whilst Southampton have Villa left before entering a very tricky period.
This is sure to test the Saints’ credentials for a top 4 spot and if they can secure a win or two against the top sides, we all might have to start taking them even more seriously. As any fantasy football manager knows, analysing fixtures is part and parcel of any successful season.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the 12th gameweek of the season:
- Joe HART [SWA(H), 6.0m] – City have had an indifferent season so far at the back but in a gameweek that doesn’t scream out clean sheets, we’ve chosen Hart for the spot between the sticks. They’ve not conceded more than one goal on each occasion at home with a few clean sheets dotted around too for good measure.
- Cesar AZPILICUETA [WBA(H), 6.0m] – As Chelsea begin their fine run of fixtures, we’re backing their cheapest option, Azpilicueta. Having kept Luis out of the squad so far, he clearly has the support of Mourinho and with impressive stats on a weekly basis, Azpilicueta has been accruing the bonus points. At 6.0m, he seems like a no brainer for your squad.
- Nathaniel CLYNE [AVL(A), 5.8m] – Southampton continued their fine defensive coverage in Gameweek 11 to justify our selection of Clyne, with another clean sheet at home to Leicester. Next up, they face Villa who look a little toothless without Benteke and this could be another difficult evening for the Villa faithful.
- Ryan SHAWCROSS [BUR(H), 5.5m] – Although Stoke have been far from secure at the back this season, they have a strong chance of bucking this trend when they welcome goal-shy Burnley to the Britannia stadium. This will be a tight match and a moment of quality from either side could make the difference.
- Raheem STERLING [CPL(A), 8.5m] – Rodgers must be cursing his luck with Sturridge’s fitness and with the England striker out until Christmas, the responsibility will continue to lie on young Sterling’s shoulders. He’s struggled without his strike partner but assist points have continued to trickle in. Sterling remains the best bet for Liverpool coverage and should be well rested for the Palace game.
- Alexis SANCHEZ [MUN(H), 10.9m] – Despite a late return from international duty, we can’t see Sanchez being left out of such a big game with the form he’s in. With 6 goals in the last 4 gameweeks, Sanchez is on fire and it comes as no surprise that his price has now shot up to 10.9m. Against United’s shaky backline, further attacking returns seem a distinct possibility.
- Eden HAZARD [WBA(H), 10.0m] – This game will prove a vital one for those wondering whether they need to double up on Chelsea attacking coverage for this favourable fixture run. Hazard is the main midfield target and despite all his ability, has failed to justify his pricetag so far this season. We’ll be watching him closely along with the other Chelsea stars on show.
- Angel DI MARIA [ARS(A), 10.0m] – Di Maria has been passed fit after his injury scare and remains the main threat for any team that lines up against United. From tactical tinkering, Di Maria’s output has suffered of late but with home fixtures against Hull and Stoke next, we’re firmly in the camp that if you’ve got him, you’ll want to stick rather than twist.
- Graziano PELLE [AVL(A), 8.5m] – Pelle continued his attacking returns with another assist in Gameweek 11, taking him to 6 goals and 4 assists for the season so far. Villa have been far from secure at the back and Pelle could be in for another positive gameweek when Monday night rolls around.
- Sergio AGUERO [SWA(H), 12.7m] – Aguero’s selection is a complete no brainer; without him, City would be in serious difficulty and Pellegrini’s job would be on the line. But lucky for both club and manager, Aguero seems unstoppable. With 12 goals already this season, the little Argentinian could be in for a record-breaking FPL campaign.
- Diego COSTA (C) [WBA(H), 11.0m] – The other big striker occupying our minds is Diego Costa. Mourinho has stated that he’s fully fit following the international break and that only spells trouble for the Baggies. Costa is a brute of a striker and is sure to return points this weekend.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/calciostreaming/