Are you ready for an early festive treat from FPL? By the end of next weekend, we will have been treated to 3 gameweeks as Round 14 slots into the middle of next week. As with any clustered period, this brings up the threat of rotation and your squad may once again be tested in the coming gameweeks.
Keep all of this in mind, when preparing your squad for this weekend and if you make any transfers. Try not to take any gambles on injury doubts as managers will avoid rushing back a player for Gameweek 13, if they can instead play a part in 14 and/or 15.
So after quite a successful week for the English sides in Europe, let’s turn our attentions to the domestic action coming our way!
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the 13th gameweek of the season:
- Lukasz FABIANSKI [CPL(H), 5.1m] – Thanks to 5 clean sheets this season, Fabianski currently sits in second place overall for FPL goalkeepers. Next up, he faces Palace and QPR at home and there’s a decent shot that he’ll add to the defensive points he’s picked up so far.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [SUN(A), 7.2m] – Ivanovic has struggled a little of late to justify his high pricetag, having failed to offer any attacking returns in the last 5 gameweeks. However, that could change during the upcoming run of kind fixtures. Ivanovic showed how dangerous he can be, smashing in a volley against Schalke in the Champions League and was only just muscled out of the ball by Terry when the captain grabbed the opener.
- Aaron CRESSWELL [NEW(H), 5.4m] – With Newcastle arriving at Upton Park this weekend, Big Sam and co will be looking to give them a welcome they won’t forget. West Ham are having a storming season and a win would not be a surprise. Cresswell is the pick of the bunch from their defenders, providing plenty of attacking threat in addition to his defensive qualities.
- Kieran TRIPPIER [AVL(H), 4.8m] – Another defender who has been given license to roam forward is Trippier. This resulted in an assist in Gameweek 11 and there may be more to come over the course of the season. Next up, he faces a Villa side who are struggling for goals and a clean sheet wouldn’t be out of the question for the Burnley man.
- Stewart DOWNING [NEW(H), 6.0m] – Downing is back in training and is set for a return to action against Newcastle this weekend. He has been key to West Ham’s form this season and is sure to benefit from having target men like Carroll and Cole to aim for if Sakho and Valencia fail to recover in time.
- Alexis SANCHEZ [WBA(A), 10.9m] – Sanchez may have blanked last week but he showed his class against Dortmund with a fine curler to secure the win for Arsenal. He’s a man in form and helps to drive the team forward. There’s little doubt that he’ll cause West Brom various problems come the weekend.
- Eden HAZARD [SUN(A), 10.1m] – It’s a tight call between Hazard and Fabregas but we’re going with Eden for his goal potential and the fact that he isn’t a yellow card away from a one-match ban like Cesc. There’s no doubting that Fabregas is an assist machine with the giants he has to aim for from set pieces and both players are worthy of consideration but Hazard draws in the bonus points with his goals to deliver double-figure hauls.
- Angel DI MARIA [HUL(H), 10.0m] – Di Maria was a whisker away from his 4th goal and assist performance of the season, only to chip it just wide when one on one. Di Maria’s total is ticking over and with favourable home games against Hull and Stoke, he’s a player who could bring in a decent amount of fantasy points over the coming week.
- Wilfried BONY [CPL(H), 8.2m] – Bony had a difficult start to the season with injury niggles but those seem to be behind him now, having knocked in 5 goals in the last 6 gameweeks. He’s a striker we admire here at FFA and with Swansea’s favourable fixtures on the horizon, he might be knocking on your door soon enough, demanding a spot in your fantasy lineup.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [SOT(A), 12.7m] – Aguero dragged City out of the mire all on his own against Bayern with some classic clinical finishing from the Argentinian. He’s got a serious challenge against the Saints who have been rock solid at home but if anyone’s going to score past them, it’s Aguero. With 17 goals already this season, there appears to be no stopping Aguero when he’s fit and firing.
- Diego COSTA [SUN(A), 11.1m] – Costa notched his 11th goal of the season against West Brom and is another striker who appears to be a must-have at the moment. With Chelsea in such devastating form at the moment, it’d be fantasy insanity to enter a gameweek without their attacking focal point.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/voetbal_foto/