Are you ready for a little taste of the festive action coming our way? This week, we’re treated to an additional gameweek with a full round of fixtures taking place today and tomorrow.
With players like Costa out, the Gods of FPL are giving us a gentle reminder that over the next month or so, the importance of the squad is set to increase. With a number of budget players around this season, this should be accomplished quite easily with a little pre-planning.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the 14th gameweek of the season:
- David DE GEA [STO(H), 5.5m] – De Gea has been in top form for United and despite an uncertain backline in front of him, has recorded 4 clean sheets so far this season (with 2 in the last 3 gameweeks). Bojan’s the main danger but if United can keep him quiet another shutout could be on the cards.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [TOT(H), 7.2m] – Ivanovic failed to pick up any attacking points at the weekend but he did secure another clean sheet as Chelsea tighten things at the back. With 4 goals conceded in their last 8 matches, Chelsea’s title bid is being built on a solid base and Spurs may have their work cut out, breaching the Chelsea backline.
- Leighton BAINES [HUL(H), 7.3m] – Baines made his return at the weekend and he goes straight back into our Select XI for Gameweek 14. A home match at Hull is a fixture where you expect Baines’ attacking ability to come to the fore and he’ll be a constant thorn down the right for Hull.
- Gael CLICHY [SUN(A), 5.3m] – With Kolarov still out, Clichy’s a bargain at 5.3m and showed his attacking ability with a goal at the weekend to rack up a massive 15 points. But beware transferring him in as when Kolarov returns, rotation is likely as the festive schedule takes hold.
- Stewart DOWNING [WBA(A), 6.0m] – Downing made his return at the weekend and was heavily involved in West Ham’s attacking play including a one-on-one which he narrowly put wide. He remains a great option for your squad, coming in at 6.0m and will be looking to punish West Brom as the Hammers continue their fine form.
- Alexis SANCHEZ [SOT(H), 11.1m] – Sanchez once again blanked in Gameweek 13 but we’re giving him one more shot as he welcomes the Saints to the Emirates stadium. Coming in at 11.1m, we need him to start returning points regardless of the position Wenger plays him in.
- Eden HAZARD [TOT(H), 10.2m] – With Costa suspended, more responsibility rests on Hazard’s shoulders as they take on fellow Londoners Spurs. With goals in each of his last 3 home games, Hazard surely is a fan of home comforts and managers who have transferred him in will be looking for some vindication in Gameweek 14.
- Gylfi SIGURDSSON [QPR(H), 6.9m] – Sigurdsson notched up another assist against Palace to take his tally to 8 for the season. He created a number of other chances in addition to a few shots in the game, and against QPR (who are playing attacking footy at the moment) more points could be on the cards.
- Wilfried BONY [QPR(H), 8.4m] – Bony justified our selection with a finely taken goal against Palace so we feel he’s worth his spot in our attacking lineup once more. QPR conceded a lot of chances against Leicester and if they play that openly against Swansea, Bony is likely to benefit.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [SUN(A), 12.8m] – Aguero may have failed to find the back of the net against Southampton but he created two for team-mates to show that he can be a creator too. It was a commanding display from City and in such form, Aguero is the obvious choice for captain.
- Wayne ROONEY [STO(H), 10.4m] – Rooney seems a different man since the international break where the England goals seem to have rejuvenated him. He’s an attacker in fantastic form and is expected to shake off a knock to give United the best chance to continue their winning streak when they take on Stoke.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nasmac/