It’s nice to welcome back the age of the strikers, after a start to this season where midfielders have dominated, encouraging us to switch to the 3-5-2 formation, we’re finally back to 3-4-3.
Lukaku has been shining for Everton, scoring 4 and setting up 2 in the last 3 gameweeks to show just the form he’s in at the moment. Another striker, Kane, only managed to score once in the first 9 gameweeks but has got 7 goals in his last 4 matches.
Then there’s Vardy, who equalled Van Nistelrooy’s record of scoring in 10 consecutive Premier League games last weekend. He has a tough task of making the record his own as Leicester host the shut out specialists United but you can imagine Leicester going gung ho to support Vardy in his quest.
Last but not least, there’s a pricey Argentinian who announced his return from injury with a fine strike in the disappointing defeat to Liverpool. With other strikers in fine form, there’s no immediate urge to splash the cash but it could all change in the blink of an eye and a goal spree from Aguero.
Anyway, that’s enough talk of the goalscoring stars of recent weeks…
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Jack BUTLAND [SUN(A), 4.7m] – Stoke are in fantastic defensive form, remaining resolute in their last 3 games, helping Butland to 27 points in the process. Next up, they travel to Sunderland who are playing conservative football in an attempt to grind out results, so a fourth clean sheet is entirely possible.
- Hector BELLERIN [NOR(A), 5.9m] – Arsenal bounced back from the surprising loss to West Brom with a comfortable victory over Zagreb. A trip to Norwich is next on the cards and we have chosen the marauding right back Bellerin as our Arsenal defensive coverage for Gameweek 14.
- Alberto MORENO [SWA(H), 4.9m] – Liverpool are a work in progress but it’s clear that Klopp is having a significant impact. They made light work of City in front of their own home fans and even if Coutinho fails to return from injury, Liverpool remain a strong proposition. The clean sheets haven’t come yet but as long as they continue to work as a team, they shouldn’t be far off.
- Scott DANN [NEW(H), 5.2m] – Dann will be desperate to atone for his blunder on Monday and he has a strong opportunity to do so as Palace host Newcastle this weekend. They dominated the play against Sunderland and will look to do the same against a Newcastle side that has only scored once in the last 4 gameweeks.
- Ross BARKLEY [BOU(A), 7.0m] – Everton put Villa to the sword as they scored 4 without reply at Goodison. Barkley was instrumental, scoring twice and setting up another to rack up 19 points. Bournemouth have improved of late so they’ll fancy their chances, setting us up for a tasty encounter.
- Yohan CABAYE [NEW(H), 6.7m] – Palace had 19 shots against Sunderland but failed to make it count as they lost 1-0. Cabaye was responsible for 5 of those attempts and will be hoping to be more clinical as he faces his former club alongside Pardew. Newcastle are struggling a little of late and Cabaye could be set to capitalise.
- Joshua KING [EVE(H), 4.6m] – Next up, we’re going for the budget out-of-position option of King. Having been given the role up top by Eddie Howe, King repaid his faith with a goal against Swansea in Gameweek 13. With Everton having only kept the one clean sheet in their last 7 games, Bournemouth may go on the offensive to put a halt to Everton’s fine run of form.
- Mesut OZIL (C) [NOR(A), 9.1m] – Ozil’s insane consistency continued as he floated in the free kick for Giroud’s goal against West Brom. Despite ending up on the losing side, his stats helped him to the maximum bonus points and Ozil is fast becoming a must have midfielder. With another goal and assist against Zagreb, he’s showing no signs of letting up as Arsenal look to climb to the top.
- Jamie VARDY [MUN(H), 7.4m] – Standing in the way of Vardy and an incredible goalscoring record is one of the best keepers in the world right now. Whether De Gea can bring Vardy’s run to an end remains to be seen but you can bet your bottom dollar that Vardy along with his attacking support will be throwing everything they have at United as they look to make history.
- Romelu LUKAKU [BOU(A), 8.9m] – Lukaku will be looking to continue his own fine run, having scored 4 in his last 3. Bournemouth have yet to keep a clean sheet all season and it looks likely to begin as they host a free-scoring Everton side with Lukaku at the helm.
- Troy DEENEY [AVL(A), 5.1m] – To round off out Select XI, this week we have the budget striker, Deeney. Watford travel to bottom of the table Villa, looking to compound their misery and Deeney may be just the man to deal the punishing blow. Having scored 3 in his last 4, Deeney is finally getting going and will want to help Watford climb further up the table.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wonker/