What a night of football! There were goals flying in left, right and centre, and what has Suarez got against Norwich? Everytime he plays them, he pummels them into submission with spectacular goals. Well, there’s barely time to draw breath before we delve back into the fantasy football action with Gameweek 15.
Moyes will be thoroughly disappointed with the result against his former side but he doesn’t have long to dwell on it as United take on Newcastle in Saturday’s lunchtime fixture. They’re set to be without Rooney and Van Persie, which Pardew will be over the moon about but we should expect a reaction from United in front of their home fans.
At 3pm, West Ham take a trip to Anfield to take on the powerhouse that is Suarez, whilst Man City travel to St Mary’s to face a Saints side looking to bounce back from their defeat to Villa. In Saturday’s evening fixture, Spurs travel to Sunderland looking to build on their win away at Fulham.
On Sunday, we’ve got just the two games with Fulham hosting Villa at 1.30pm and Arsenal battling Everton at 4pm. To finish it all off on Monday evening, Swansea take on Hull at 8pm in what will be an interesting battle.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the fifteenth gameweek of the season:
- Simon MIGNOLET [WHM(H), 5.7m] – Mignolet will be desperately searching for that illusive clean sheet and he has come mighty close, conceding no more than a single goal in each game at Anfield. West Ham have struggled for goals and if they fail to contain Suarez, they could be in for a difficult afternoon.
- Danny GABBIDON [CAR(H), 4.1m] – With West Ham unable to break through the Crystal Palace barrier, Gabbidon was able to make it 3 clean sheets in his last 4 games. Cardiff are hardly a free-scoring side and Palace will look to build on the important victory last night to give their home fans more to cheer about.
- John TERRY [STO(A), 6.6m] – Terry is the third highest points scoring defender and he visits Stoke in Gameweek 15. Chelsea have an incredible defensive record against Stoke, keeping 7 clean sheets in their last 8 matches with them. Once again, Chelsea should have too much for Stoke to handle, giving Terry a great chance of another clean sheet.
- Patrice EVRA [NEW(H), 6.3m] – Against Everton, United missed the defensive cover that Jones can provide with his constant running, but he returns from his suspension to take on Newcastle. In addition, with Moyes’ preference for his full backs to provide extra width, we can expect Evra to offer plenty of surging runs down the left, whilst threatening at set pieces with his fine aerial ability.
- Philippe COUTINHO [WHM(H), 8.6m] – Coutinho returned to play a supporting role in the Suarez show and will be eagerly awaiting another opportunity to play with such a talented individual. With Suarez alongside him, Coutinho has the potential to provide attacking returns when they take on West Ham this weekend.
- Jonjo SHELVEY [HUL(H), 5.3m] – Shelvey’s been around for so long, we can sometimes forget that he’s only 21. He still has issues with his temper but as shown on Wednesday evening, he has some serious potential, scoring whilst creating another in the 3-0 win over Newcastle. He’ll be full of confidence and looking to provide another match-winning performance against Hull on Monday evening.
- Eden HAZARD [STO(A), 9.6m] – Hazard received praise from all side for his excellent performance away at Sunderland, where he picked up a massive 17 points for 2 goals and an assist. Stoke will struggle to contain the Belgian magician and we’re expecting him to provide the spark to secure another win for Mourinho.
- Aaron RAMSEY [HUL(H), 7.5m] – Ramsey provided a pinpoint reverse pass with his right foot to set up Ozil who slotted it away for Arsenal’s second goal. That helped him to reach the 100-point mark for the season after only 14 games and at only 7.5m, it’s surprising that only 61% of managers have him in their squads. Ramsey is in the form of his life and Hull will struggle with his movement.
- Luis SUAREZ (C) [WHM(H), 12.4m] – Suarez’s goals were superb, from his 40-yard lob to his Gazza-esque flick and volley. It’s rare to see such talent and there’s no question when it comes to captaining the Uruguayan for Liverpool’s home game against Allardyce’s West Ham.
- Sergio AGUERO [SOT(A), 12.3m] – Aguero was subbed off early against West Brom to keep him fresh for Southampton but by then he had scored City’s first goal to set them on their way. He’s another player having an amazing season with 11 goals and 8 assists helping him to 106 points for the season so far. With the Saints missing Boruc, the replacement could have a busy afternoon with City looking to secure another away victory.
- Shane LONG [NOR(H),6.0m] – Since returning from his injury, Long has fought his way into the starting XI and has picked up 3 goals and an assist in the last 4 games. With West Brom struggling for clean sheets, Clarke will be looking to Long to continue his fine form in their game against Norwich.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/82799088@N03/