With Gameweek 14 done and dusted, there’s barely time to draw breath before we’re thrown into the weekend’s action and another opportunity to collect the fantasy points we all crave.
It’s a crazy start to December and there will also be a crazy finish to match. It’s a very busy period that can make a huge difference to your season and it’s important to look at developing a squad that can cope with the fixtures.
Analyse the ever-changing landscape that is the FPL season and adapt as gameweeks pass us by. Make the most of this festive period, where we receive more than our fair share of footy action!
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the 15th gameweek of the season:
- Simon MIGNOLET [SUN(H), 5.4m] – Liverpool have kept 2 clean sheets in their last 3 home games and another one would not be out of the question. In Gameweek 15, they face Sunderland who have been quite solid at the back (barring the City game) but haven’t been quite as convincing going forward.
- Cesar AZPILICUETA [NEW(A), 6.1m] – Azpilicueta had a great Gameweek 14, notching an assist for the final goal to rack up double figures in the form of 12 points. It’s evident from the lack of gametime this season for Luis that Mourinho is a big fan of Azpilicueta’s and the cheapest option in Chelsea’s backline is performing admirably.
- Alan HUTTON [LEI(H), 4.2m] – Villa have only conceded 2 goals in their last 3 games and when they were up against it with Palace, they held on for a vital 3 points. Hutton played a big part and was rewarded with 2 bonus points. The budget option could pick up further points if Villa get the better of Leicester this weekend with the help of Benteke’s attacking prowess.
- Pablo ZABALETA [EVE(H), 6.4m] – There’s a slight risk with picking Zabaleta as he could be rested for Champions League but his chip was so sublime it was too hard to leave him out in a weekend where clean sheets are a little tricky to predict. Everton were out of sorts against Hull and if they do the same with City, they could be taken apart by Aguero and co.
- Stewart DOWNING [SWA(H), 6.1m] – Downing picked up an assist against West Brom to justify our pick and is having a great season. Despite the lack of attacking points, Downing’s stats remain very impressive, creating a vast number of chances and taking plenty of shots too. If he keeps this up, the goals and assists are sure to come.
- Alexis SANCHEZ [STO(A), 11.1m] – Sanchez is an interesting fantasy pick, despite his hefty pricetag, his stats are similar to other cheaper Arsenal attackers but he has a knack of turning up at the right place at the right time. With his great fitness, this could possibly make him more resistant to rotation over the festive period but he’ll have to keep up the attacking returns to justify the outlay.
- Eden HAZARD [NEW(A), 10.3m] – Hazard duly delivered in the absence of Costa to keep up his fantastic home form, scoring in each of the last 4 games at Stamford Bridge. The question is can he convert this to his travels as Chelsea visit Newcastle in Gameweek 15.
- Christian ERIKSEN [(H), 8.0m] – Eriksen has found his shooting boots of late with 2 goals (and an assist) in his last 3 games and if anyone can turn around Spurs’ season, it might just be the Dane. Next, they face Palace at home, where they need to bounce back from the demoralising loss to Chelsea and give their fans something to cheer about.
- Charlie AUSTIN [BUR(H), 6.1m] – Austin has been in impressive form in front of his home fans, notching 4 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 games at Loftus Road. Burnley have been far from secure on their travels and we’re expecting an open game similar to the Leicester game last weekend.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [EVE(H), 12.9m] – Aguero is in such fantastic form that he really doesn’t need any explanation and with City’s brilliant run of fixtures, he’s essential for your fantasy team. Beg, steal and borrow to ensure that you don’t enter a gameweek without him!
- Danny INGS [QPR(A), 5.8m] – We have another budget striker for the final piece of the Aguero sandwich this weekend. With QPR offering the opposition plenty of chances in recent games due to their attacking outlook, Burnley could go for broke. 3 points would be a massive boost and Burnley fans will be hoping Ings can build on his 4 goals and an assist from his last 6 matches.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/