European football is done and dusted for the year, and so the hectic Christmas schedule begins.
Six gameweeks take place between now and the 4th January, testing our squads and patience as managers look to keep their teams fresh and competitive. With lots to mull over, there’s no time to sit around eyeing up the roses.
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Petr CECH [STO(H), 5.5m] – Arsenal haven’t kept a clean sheet in their last 5 gameweeks but they also haven’t conceded more than a single goal. At home to Stoke they may go one better.
- Marcos ALONSO [WBA(H), 6.2m] – In the last 8 gameweeks, Alonso has scored 6 points or more in 7 of them to highlight the points he’s been racking up. With Chelsea embarking on a favourable set of fixtures, he’s a must have for any fantasy manager.
- Cedric SOARES [MID(H), 5.0m] – Cedric has created 5 chances for team mates in the last 2 gameweeks to showcase his attacking potential. Before the loss to Palace, Cedric had notched up 2 clean sheets and another looks likely against Boro.
- Michael KEANE [BOU(H), 4.9m] – With 10 attempts on goal from close range this season, Keane has a good shout at getting points from both ends of the pitch when Burnley host Bournemouth this weekend.
- Eden HAZARD [WBA(H), 10.4m] – Chelsea are looking unstoppable at the moment and although West Brom will provide a test given their own form, you can’t back anything but a Chelsea win. Hazard will be key to it all and attacking returns look likely.
- Gylfi SIGURDSSON [SUN(H), 7.4m] – Siggy has scored twice and created 3 more goals in the past 5 gameweeks, highlighting his form. With Swansea setting off on a great set of fixtures, Sigurdsson is sure to return attacking points during this festive period.
- Robert SNODGRASS [CPL(H), 5.6m] – Hull are going through a difficult period but if anyone will bring them out of it, it will be Snodgrass. Creating chances and taking shots, Snodgrass is Hull’s key playmaker and if they get anything out of the game against Palace, he’ll be at the centre of it all.
- Alexis SANCHEZ (C) [STO(H), 11.6m] – Sanchez was irresistible against West Ham, racking up 23 points and turned last weekend into a case of the haves and the have-nots. Given his form, we’re backing the Chilean with the captaincy once more.
- Christian ERIKSEN [MUN(A), 8.3m] – Eriksen delivered on his impressive stats of late and justified his selection last weekend with a massive 18 point haul. It won’t be easy at Old Trafford but we’re expecting a cracker where United will struggle to keep a clean sheet.
- Diego COSTA [WBA(H), 10.8m] – At the time of writing, Costa is still a slight injury doubt still so keep an eye out during the press conferences. We’re expecting him to be passed fit and once again lead the line to deadly effect against West Brom.
- Divock ORIGI [WHM(H), 6.6m] – With Coutinho out of the picture, Origi has impressed, taking his chance in the starting eleven. He bagged another goal in the last gameweek and is currently providing an excellent sub 7.0m attacking option.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/