Merry Christmas to all you fantasy football addicts out there! We all know just how important this period of festive football can be and I’m sure you’ll all be sneaking off every now and again between the mince pies to have a quick gander of your FPL team.
As always, we have a full round of fixtures on Boxing Day and you have until 11.30am to tinker with your squads. It sparks the beginning of a hectic 7 days of football with gameweeks 18-20 coming thick and fast.
Expect plenty of rotation from managers as they look to enter 2015 without any fresh injuries and look to give a few of their fringe players a rest. It might very well be worth taking that hit to get that non-starter off your bench just in case your squad is stretched to its limit.
Here are some players you might want to bring in for Gameweek 18…
So without further ado, here is our selection for the 18th gameweek of the season:
- Costel PANTILIMON [HUL(H), 4.5m] – With 4 clean sheets in their last 6, Sunderland have been impressive at the back and a match against goal-shy Hull could very well lead to another profitable day for Pantilimon.
- Mathieu DEBUCHY [QPR(H), 5.2m] – Debuchy’s back from injury now and marked his second game back with a goal against Liverpool. He’s relatively cheap at 5.2m and Arsenal should have far too much quality for QPR’s defence to handle.
- Leighton BAINES [STO(H), 7.3m] – Baines is going through a worrying run of form given his expensive pricetag but in a gameweek where clean sheets are obvious, we’re backing his attacking potential. Mirallas may hog some of the set pieces if he returns but Baines still has the quality to produce when given the opportunity.
- Ashley WILLIAMS [AVL(H), 5.2m] – Swansea have picked up 2 clean sheets in their last 4 and on each occasion, Williams has collected 2 bonus points on top. Villa still seem to be finding their way following Benteke’s return and against Swansea’s possession game, a goal might not arrive.
- Angel DI MARIA [NEW(H), 9.5m] – Di Maria made his return from injury away at Villa and in only 30 minutes, he had 4 efforts on goal. With United still struggling to dominate matches, Di Maria’s creativity could be key to them getting a solid result at home against Newcastle.
- Santi CAZORLA [QPR(H), 8.2m] – Cazorla has been in fantastic form of late with 3 goals and an assist in his last 3 matches. The little Spaniard seems to be playing with confidence once more and is getting into the right positions to find the back of the net. Against QPR, there will be plenty of chances for him to continue this attacking verve.
- Cesc FABREGAS [WHM(H), 9.7m] – With doubts surrounding Hazard’s fitness and the upcoming glut of matches, we’re going for the next best option in Fabregas. He’s having an incredible season and will be key to Mourinho getting his revenge against Big Sam who ‘out-tacticked’ him last time round.
- Raheem STERLING [BUR(A), 8.3m] – Liverpool are finally starting to look like a team that can trouble oppositions with a false 9 formation. In the first half against Arsenal, they dominated the play and if they can keep this up against weaker teams like Burnley, the results should flow. Sterling has the freedom of the field and could be due more goals and assists.
- Wilfried BONY [AVL(H), 8.6m] – Bony has notched up an impressive 4 goals in his last 6 games and Monk is sure to miss him when he takes off for the African Cup of Nations in January. But until then, Bony will be expected to continue to lead the line and score the goals they need to win games.
- Harry KANE [BUR(H), 5.2m] – Kane has been a revelation for Spurs this season and is very well a part of their recent resurgence. He’s now scored in each of the last 2 gameweeks and collected 2 bonus for each time too. Alongside Eriksen, they have been the stars for Spurs and could wreak havoc against a questionable Leicester backline.
- Olivier GIROUD (C) [QPR(H), 8.3m] – Giroud has returned from injury like a man eager to make up for lost time. He looks lively and has found his goalscoring touch once again. He’s now picked up 3 goals in his last two and against an obliging QPR backline, more goals can be expected for the Frenchman.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wonker/