Merry Christmas everyone from the team at Fantasy Football Addict! With Christmas here, that means we’re in for a true feast of football as the games come thick and fast, barely giving us time to catch our breath.
It all kicks off with a full round of fixtures on Boxing Day, followed by Gameweek 19 taking place from the 28th-30th before one last round on the 2nd and 3rd of January.
With managers looking to make the most of their squads, it’s important that we do the same. If you have any dead weight on the bench, it’s worth making a transfer or two to bring in players that can be called upon if needs be.
There may not be widespread changes across the board but managers will be keen to put out a lineup to secure the right result. Expect players to be subbed off early too and avoid taking a gamble on anyone with a slight injury doubt hanging over their head.
Anyway, there’s not much time, so let’s move on…
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Joe HART [SUN(H), 5.6m] – City’s defensive struggles have been well documented and Kompany’s return can’t come soon enough but against a Sunderland side who have only scored 5 times in the last 6 matches, a rare clean sheet could be on the cards. With rotation a possibility for most of City’s backline, we’ve opted for the safety of Hart between the sticks.
- Laurent KOSCIELNY [SOT(H), 6.0m] – Southampton are currently enduring a terrible run of form (not scored in 3 of the last 5 games) and Koeman needs to address this slump to ensure the season doesn’t crumble away. Unfortunately, the Saints face Arsenal next who will be in a confident mood having beaten title rivals City and will want nothing less than a win at St. Mary’s.
- Scott DANN [BOU(A), 5.6m] – With injury doubts hanging over Bournemouth’s pacey duo of King and Stanislas, Palace may be taking on the Cherries at the perfect time. Palace have a few of their own injuries to contend with but are having a top season, where Dann has already shown his attacking potential with 3 goals and an assist.
- Kyle WALKER [NOR(H), 5.1m] – Walker had a top gameweek last weekend, picking up an assist in the win over Southampton, whilst gaining the maximum 3 bonus points. Spurs have been solid in defence this season, having only conceded more than 1 goal on only 3 occasions. As Norwich have blanked on 2 of their last 3 trips on the road, a clean sheet looks likely for Walker on Boxing Day.
- Yaya TOURE [SUN(H), 8.5m] – With injuries and flickers of form preventing City’s more attacking midfielders to fire up, Toure is actually joint highest on points. In the last 2 games, he’s picked up a goal and assist, and given the potential for rotation of De Bruyne, Silva and Sterling, we’re backing the mighty Ivorian to come good against Sunderland.
- Riyaad MAHREZ [LIV(A), 7.1m] – Mahrez is unstoppable, racking up an incredible 49 points in his last 3 games. It won’t be the easiest of games and Klopp will be desperate for a game plan to stop him but Mahrez is fantasy gold right now and you wouldn’t bet against him causing a few frowns for those sitting in the Kop on Boxing Day.
- Georginio WIJNALDUM [EVE(H), 7.1m] – Despite Everton’s fine attacking form, defensive lapses have been a serious issue preventing them from securing results. With all of Wijnaldum’s 7 goals this season coming at home, he’ll be looking to receive with open arms any gifts the Everton defence hand out on Boxing Day.
- Mesut OZIL [SOT(A), 9.9m] – Wenger mentioned in pre-season how he expected great things to come from Ozil this campaign and he hasn’t been let down. Ozil has now produced attacking returns in each of the last 12 games and is driving Arsenal towards the title. There’s no doubting his quality and Southampton will have their hands full trying to restrict the talented German.
- Harry KANE [NOR(H), 9.7m] – Kane got back on the goalscoring trail last weekend in the win over Southampton and will be keen to build on it over the Christmas period. He has a great opportunity to kick things off as Spurs welcome a Norwich side which has conceded 19 goals on their travels to White Hart Lane.
- Romelu LUKAKU (C) [NEW(A), 9.3m] – Lukaku has now scored in 7 games in a row and must be full of confidence. With the support of Barkley and Deulofeu, there’s every chance his run can continue but it’s far too soon to be talking of Vardy’s record. Newcastle are far from secure at the back and will have trouble containing Everton’s fine attack.
- Odion IGHALO [CHE(A), 6.1m] – Ighalo is another striker in fantastic form, having scored 5 times in the last 3 games. How Chelsea will fare under Hiddink is anyone’s guess but Watford have more than enough quality to worry them and Ighalo in particular will be eager to prove himself against the current Premier League champions.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/edrost88/