After the FA Cup break, it’s back to the fun of fantasy and Moyes will be one manager who will be keen to put things right. It was a nightmare cup week as United suffered two losses leading to murmurs of discontent in the United camp and the Scottish manager desperately needs the return of his two deadly strikers.
Hull get us started this weekend when they host Chelsea in Saturday’s lunchtime fixture. Mourinho will be expecting no less than a win as Chelsea look to keep the pressure on Arsenal but Hull have a strong home record to defend. At 3pm, there are 3 favourable home fixtures for Everton, Southampton and Tottenham as they face Norwich, WBA and Crystal Palace respectively.
In the evening fixture, United lock horns once again with Swansea as they look to put the record straight after being dumped out of the FA Cup by the Welsh side. With the pressure mounting on Moyes, anything less than a victory would do little to help his cause.
On Sunday there are only 2 fixtures with Newcastle hosting high flyers City and Stoke entertaining Liverpool. The gameweek is concluded on Monday night when Arsenal travel to Villa Park where they may have to reclaim the top spot if results go against them over the weekend.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the 21st gameweek of the season:
- Hugo LLORIS [CPL(H), 5.8m] – Pulis may have tightened Palace up at the back but they are struggling to create up top and this could help Lloris to a rare clean sheet. With Spurs playing an attacking open game, if they get the early goal, Palace could struggle to get back into the game.
- Nathaniel CLYNE [WBA(H), 4.5m] – Clyne made his first start since returning from injury in the game against Burnley where he notched the first goal and created another to highlight his attacking threat. Next up he faces the Baggies who have been far from prolific up front, giving Clyne a chance to score points at both ends of the field.
- Seamus COLEMAN [NOR(H), 6.7m] – Another player who could return at both ends is Coleman, who has scored 3 goals in his last 5 games. Currently the defensive star of FPL, Coleman seems to be a must have for the second half of the season and could punish Norwich with his surging runs.
- Per MERTESACKER [AVL(A), 6.5m] – Mertesacker looks to be another seasoon keeper as Arsenal continue their fine defensive form in their pursuit of the title. Arsenal face Villa next who are amongst the lowest scorers in the league with only 19 goals so far. This will be a tricky game for Villa and one where Mertesacker could pick up another clean sheet.
- Eden HAZARD [HUL(A), 10.4m] – Without Hazard, Chelsea might not be within spitting distance of Arsenal, as he continues to show Mourinho why he can not be dropped. With attacking returns in 7 out of his last 10 games, Hazard is clearly a danger to any side and may be the undoing of Hull this weekend.
- Adam LALLANA [WBA(H), 7.3m] – The Saints are about to embark on a favourable run of fixtures starting with a home game against the Baggies, giving Lallana a great chance of continuing his fine form. With 3 assists and a goal in his last 4 games, Lallana is clearly playing with confidence and if WBA want to get anything out of this game, they’ll have to keep him under wraps.
- Mesut OZIL [AVL(A), 10.0m] – Ozil has missed the last 2 games but is expected to make his return against Arsenal just in time to help fill the void left by Walcott. With 2 goals and 3 assists in his previous 6 games, Ozil is an attacking force to be reckoned with and Villa’s defence may struggle to cope with his creativity. For these reasons, he picks up the 3rd spot in our midfield.
- Adnan JANUZAJ [SWA(H), 5.1m] – United have been starved of creativity with Rooney and RVP out injured and Januzaj has been the one shining light. If Moyes is to secure the much needed win, he’ll be relying on Januzaj to be the driving force. He’s picked up 2 assists and a goal in the last 5 games and we’re taking a gamble on him in the hope that he’ll continue this decent form.
- Luis SUAREZ (C) [STO(A), 13.3m] – Suarez may have stopped smashing in the double figure returns but he is still scoring and creating to keep Liverpool in the Champions League positions. Stoke have been leaking goals of late and Suarez is an attacking force that could flood their goal net.
- Romelu LUKAKU [NOR(H), 8.7m] – Everton continue to play fine football and Martinez will set his team up to win the game against Norwich to give their home fans something to cheer about. Playing as their solo striker up top, Lukaku is sure to get plenty of opportunities to add to his impressive tally of 9 goals this season.
- Roberto SOLDADO [CPL(H), 8.5m] – Soldado is carrying a slight knock but is expected to recover to take his spot up top alongside Adebayor. With Sherwood encouraging an attacking brand of football, Soldado is thriving up top with a strike partner to link up with. In the last home game, Soldado found the back of the net whilst creating another and we’re backing him to prove the difference against a resolute Palace.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to email@example.com or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/edrost88/