There have been some interesting developments this week as we progress through January and onto Gameweek 22. Reports seem to suggest that Van Persie will miss out at QPR, so the question is will Falcao be brought back in from the dark or will Van Gaal go with Rooney or Wilson up top.
Elsewhere, Bony signed for City but will be unable to play until he returns from ACON and even then he may be given a rest to ensure he’s fighting fit for the remainder of the season. With his impressive goalscoring record, he’s sure to play some part and may be used when Pellegrini chooses to rest Aguero for more important matches, which could come in the FPL or the Champions League where City face Barca.
We were also treated to a couple of goal feasts in the FA Cup replays, with West Ham vs Everton going all the way to penalties after a 2-2 draw, where Adrian stepped up to slot home the winning penalty following Robles’ miss. Mirallas impressed with a goal and an assist whilst Valencia was on the scoresheet for the Hammers. Spurs also fought back against Burnley to take their spot in the 4th round, winning 4-2 where Rose found himself on the scoresheet.
Anyway, that’s enough talk of the past week! So without further ado, here is our selection for the 22nd gameweek of the season:
- ADRIAN [HUL(H), 5.0m] – Following his winning penalty, Adrian will be high on confidence and he could pick up a rare clean sheet in Gameweek 22. Jelavic and Hernandez have both been sidelined for Hull and they’ll need their replacement strikers to step up if they are to secure a result against West Ham.
- Danny ROSE [SUN(H), 4.8m] – Rose is in fine attacking form scoring in the FA Cup midweek to add to his goal and assist in the rousing 5-3 victory over Chelsea. Spurs are recording some fine results and Pochettino will want another victory against a struggling Sunderland side in front of the White Hart Lane faithful.
- Kieran TRIPPIER [CPL(H), 4.8m] – Trippier picked up a tight hamstring in the FA Cup but is expected to return to take his place against Palace. He’s continuing to rack up the attacking stats, creating an impressive amount of chances each week. It’s only a matter of time before some of these chances are converted by his teammates.
- Leighton BAINES [WBA(H), 7.1m] – Everton are still struggling to pick up clean sheets but Baines’ attacking form has kept his managers ticking over with 2 assists in his last 3 games. He continues to be a threat going forward with set pieces in his locker and if Everton are to finish anywhere respectable, they need a win against West Brom.
- David SILVA [ARS(H), 9.4m] – Silva was a menace against Everton where City were made to pay for their inability to finish. Silva alone created 6 chances and had 4 shots but was only able to pick up a single assist. He was rewarded with 2 bonus points and will once again be the driving force behind City if they are to secure a result against Arsenal.
- Alexis SANCHEZ (C) [MCI(A), 11.5m] – Sanchez was on fire against Stoke firing in 2 goals in addition to setting up Koscielny on his way to a massive 19-point haul. In this form, he’s simply essential to your fantasy football plans and has the ability and pace to make City pay on the counter.
- Angel DI MARIA [QPR(A), 9.5m] – United received a lot of criticism losing against Southampton but for large spells they applied the pressure and were just unable to make the breakthrough. Di Maria had 3 shots at goal and is sure to have plenty more when United come up against a far more obliging defence in QPR’s.
- Stewart DOWNING [HUL(H), 6.5m] – Big Sam will be targeting a morale-boosting win against Hull to get their domestic campaign back on track following 4 games without a win. Downing will be key with his creativity and set pieces, having picked up an assist last week. With Carroll to aim for and Valencia’s speed to work with, Downing could be set for another decent score.
- Harry KANE [SUN(H), 5.8m] – Kane continued his fantastic form with another goal against Palace in Gameweek 21. Putting 5 past Chelsea in their last home game, Spurs will have no fears of facing Sunderland and in Kane they have an in-form striker ready to add to his 6 goals from his last 6 games.
- Diego COSTA [SWA(A), 11.2m] – Costa fought back in his battle against Hazard for your Chelsea coverage with another goal in the win over Newcastle. With strong fixtures on the horizon, there’s an argument for having both players but this week we’re plumping for Chelsea’s top striker who has notched 15 times already in the league.
- Danny INGS [CPL(H), 5.7m] – After a clean sweep of returns for our Select XI strikers, for the first time ever, we’ve kept the same attacking lineup with Ings completing our team. Against QPR, he found the back of the net and received 3 bonus points for his overall performance. Palace may be buoyed by Pardew’s return but they’ll find it hard going at Turf Moor.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/