There’s no time to waste with Gameweek 22 coming thick and fast so we’re going to dive right in this time…
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Fraser FORSTER [NOR(H), 4.8m] – Forster finally made his return from injury against Watford, which was perfect timing with Stekelenburg out with his hamstring. Forster helped the Saints’ backline to keep Ighalo and co out and we fancy his chances against Norwich. At 4.8m, he’s good value but Southampton travel to United and Arsenal next.
- Aleksandar KOLAROV [CPL(H), 6.3m] – Kolarov’s rotational risk was highlighted as City kept a clean sheet against Everton with the Serb missing out. With Kompany out for the foreseeable future, the decision of whether to keep Kolarov in your team (if you have him) is bound to be popping up. There’s no doubting his attacking threat though when chosen and we’re backing him to be reinstated against Palace.
- Christian FUCHS [AVL(A), 4.7m] – Leicester’s attacking output has dried up of late but at the other end, they’ve also kept things quiet with 3 clean sheets in 3. Fuchs is another useful attacking outlet, more than capable of whipping in a few crosses and in the last 3 gameweeks, he’s also collected 5 additional bonus points.
- Toby ALDERWEIRELD [SUN(H), 6.1m] – Alderweireld has emerged as a top signing for Spurs and has become an important part of their backline. Sunderland will be boosted by their win and Defoe will have a point to prove against his former team but if Spurs show their class, they should be able to overpower Sunderland. With 2 goals and 3 assists so far, Alderweireld has also shown his ability to help at the other end of the pitch too.
- Gylfi SIGURDSSON [WAT(H), 7.0m] – Sigurdsson made it 2 in 2 with another goal against Sunderland in midweek and remains an interesting differential option with an ownership of 2.9%. After Watford, Swansea face trips to Everton and West Brom before hosting Crystal Palace. Not fantastic fixtures but on the other hand Sigurdsson could use them to continue his attacking form.
- WILLIAN Borges Da Silva [EVE(H), 7.2m] – Willian justified our pick by creating another goal, taking him to 5 assists and a goal in the last 5 gameweeks. At 7.2m, Willian comes in at a very reasonable price and with an ownership of 12%, he’s an interesting differential for managers looking to shake things up.
- Dmitri PAYET [NEW(A), 8.0m] – Payet’s stats have been fantastic and West Ham have missed his influence but he’s back and managers are scrambling to bring him in. His pricetag has risen to 8.0m this week but with an ownership of 18%, there’s plenty of room for it to rise further.
- Riyaad MAHREZ [AVL(A), 7.2m] – Mahrez is suffering from a bit of a lull as Leicester’s goals have dried up a little but the results have been coming in still. Next up, they face Villa and it’ll be interesting to see if he returns to form against the side rooted to the bottom of the table.
- Harry KANE [SUN(H), 9.9m] – Kane was unfortunate hitting the crossbar against Leicester but we’re holding firm as Spurs welcome Sunderland to White Hart Lane. If Sunderland do go on the offensive to build off Defoe’s confidence, that’ll open up chances for Kane to punish them at the other end of the field.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [CPL(H), 13.2m] – The Aguero bandwagon has been postponed with City blanking against Everton and the Aguero decision is one that could define your season. One thing is for certain, you should always have a plan ready to pounce and bring in the explosive striker if you haven’t already jumped on board.
- Olivier GIROUD [STO(A), 9.2m] – To mix things up a little, we’ve left out Ozil and turned to Giroud this gameweek. His returns have been fantastic this season with 12 goals to his name despite limited gametime in at least 6 of the 21 games so far. With an ownership of just 15%, when he does come good, you can expect to rise up those wonderful rankings.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wonker/