Another gameweek down and the Aguero question looks a little clearer. If you have the Aguero plan up your sleeve, now might be the time to put it into action.
Avoiding the use of your wildcard would be ideal as many managers will be tempted to make the necessary changes to free up the cash. You should only consider using it if you’re looking at a crazy hit, taking 2 or possibly 3 hits might be easy to make back if Aguero continues to find his form.
The last thing you want to see is Aguero pull up with an injury and your wildcard is down the drain. The bandwagon hasn’t yet reached full speed but it could be simply a case of managers taking their time to free up the cash. The one thing you can be certain of is that if he continues to return the points, more managers will take the plunge. Anyway, that’s enough talk of the Argentinian that could make or break your season.
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- David DE GEA [SOT(H), 5.6m] – United can count their lucky stars that De Gea’s move to Madrid didn’t go through in the summer. He’s a one-man goal-stopping machine and Southampton will have their work cut out breaking him down.
- Leighton BAINES [SWA(H), 6.1m] – Baines has missed the majority of the season but he’s finally got some games under his belt and returned some attacking points. Creating 2 goals against Chelsea, Baines has shown us a glimpse of his former glories and with an ownership of 3.6%, he could be a handy differential.
- Christian FUCHS [STO(H), 4.7m] – An even stronger differential is Leicester’s Fuchs who only has 1.4% of managers backing him. With 3 clean sheets in 4, Leicester may have the defensive resolve to keep Stoke out, especially if Arnautovic misses out.
- Craig DAWSON [AVL(H), 5.1m] – West Brom may be choosing to attack more to the detriment of their defence but up next they face goal-shy Villa. Goals have been hard to come by for the team rooted to the bottom and it’s difficult to see them causing the Baggies defence too much trouble.
- Kevin MIRALLAS [SWA(H), 6.8m] – Mirallas has been plagued with injuries this season but was able to turn out for the full 90 against Chelsea. In the game, he reminded us of his qualities with 3 shots on target including one that found the back of the net. Martinez is keen to keep hold of him and it’s easy to see why.
- Roberto FIRMINO [NOR(A), 7.8m] – Firmino currently has Klopp’s backing and playing as a false 9, he provides value on top of being classified as a midfielder. He notched twice against Arsenal whilst making 5 key passes when he faced United. Liverpool face Norwich, Sunderland and Villa in their next 4, giving Firmino more opportunities to make his mark.
- Dmitri PAYET [MCI(H), 8.0m] – The best players like to showcase their talents when faced with stronger opposition and Payet will be ready to go against City. Bilic has spoken this week of Payet’s influence on the rest of the West Ham side and they’ll need him to lead the way, finding the gaps to punish a City defence that seem to finally be coping without Kompany.
- Craig GARDNER [AVL(H), 5.1m] – To free up some cash for the expensive frontline coming up, we’ve called in the services of West Brom’s Gardner. He’s had 8 shots in the last 4 gameweeks whilst creating a further 5 chances for team mates. It’s most definitely a fantasy football gamble based on a favourable fixture but one that might just come off, as Gardner faces his former team.
- Harry KANE [CPL(A), 10.0m] – Kane had chances galore against Sunderland but required a penalty to finally find the back of the net. He’ll be eager to put that right against Palace and with the right supply, he’s more than capable of turning in another strong fantasy score.
- Sergio AGUERO [WHM(A), 13.3m] – Do we really need to explain why Aguero’s in the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI?
- Romelu LUKAKU (C) [SWA(H), 9.2m] – It’s risky taking the armband off Aguero but Lukaku may just outscore the Argentinian with this favourable home fixture. Everton have lots of attacking firepower and managers ditching Lukaku to upgrade to Aguero this week, may be made to regret their decision, especially if he adds to the 15 goals he already has.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/edrost88/