The gameweeks are coming thick and fast with Gameweek 25 this weekend and Gameweek 26 during midweek so try to ensure that your squad is ready to tackle both. Chelsea will be booming after their victory away at the Etihad where they were able to prevent a rampant City side from scoring.
This weekend starts off with a cracker where Liverpool host table toppers Arsenal in Saturday lunchtime’s fixture. This is going to be a tight contest that could swing either way and fantasy managers like yourself will have a serious decision to make regarding who receives your armband. It’s hard to go against Suarez but there are some strong alternatives in the form of RVP and Hazard.
At 3pm, Chelsea face Newcastle at Stamford Bridge, Man City travel to Norwich, whilst Southampton entertain Stoke in 3 interesting matches. The evening fixture sees Garry Monk lead his Swansea side to battle against fellow Welsh team Cardiff. The atmosphere is sure to inspire Swansea and could bring the perfect start to Monk’s stint in charge.
On Sunday, we’ve got two top games with Spurs hosting Everton in what will be a hard-fought contest before United face bottom of the table Fulham. Moyes will be expecting a morale-boosting win to make up for the defeat last week to Stoke, where Adam’s beauty made the difference.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the 25th gameweek of the season:
- Petr CECH [NEW(H), 6.1m] – Chelsea showed just how strong they are defensively last Monday by doing what many teams have struggled to do and prevented City from scoring. With Matic installed in midfield, Chelsea have the ideal defensive cover to pick up another clean sheet. In such strong form, we can’t see a Newcastle side missing Cabaye’s influence causing them many problems.
- Joel WARD [WBA(H), 4.2m] – Conceding only 1 goal in their last 3 matches at home, Pulis is leading Palace away from the relegation zone with defensive solidity. They face the Baggies next and we’re putting our faith in budget option Ward, who is still playing in central midfield. With the potential to score points at both ends of the field, Ward is a great shout this weekend.
- Gary CAHILL [NEW(H), 5.9m] – Cahill is quickly forming an excellent partnership with Terry causing some journalists to consider an England recall for the outcast. Following our successful doubling up on Arsenal, we’re going for two Chelsea defensive players. Cahill was unlucky not to find the back of the net when he hit the post against City and continues to provide a great attacking threat from set pieces.
- Patrice EVRA [FUL(H), 6.4m] – United haven’t conceded at all in their last 3 home games and next up Evra takes on bottom of the table Fulham. They will be devastated by their loss to Sheffield United during midweek and extra time will have done them no favours. Meulensteen will be desperate for a result but we can’t see him returning to London with anything but his head between his hands.
- Eden HAZARD [NEW(H), 10.6m] – Hazard may not have produced any attacking returns in his last 3 games but this is a shock to everyone. The Belgian wizard continues to shine in attack and it is simply a matter of time before the points come rolling in. Newcastle are struggling without Cabaye in midfield and will have little luck challenging Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.
- Yaya TOURE [NOR(A), 10.2m] – Yaya Toure is in cracking form with 3 goals in his last 5 and with Aguero out, he is still first up for penalty duties. City will be keen to make up for the home defeat against Chelsea and this only spells bad news for Norwich. The title chasers will have far too much for Norwich to cope with and we’re backing Toure to drive City towards another victory.
- Adam JOHNSON [HUL(H), 7.0m] – Johnson is in the form of his life with 6 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 games and he’ll be looking to continue this against Hull this weekend. Sunderland will be flying high following their impressive 3-0 victory in the Tyne-Wear derby and Hull will have to do their best to stop Johnson from picking up further attacking returns in Gameweek 25.
- Juan MATA [FUL(H), 9.8m] – Mata has taken little time to settle in at United with 2 assists in 2 matches and we’re expecting him to inspire them to another victory at Old Trafford. With Rooney and RVP back in action, United have a trio of gamechangers that will cause Fulham all sorts of problems.
- Luis SUAREZ [ARS(H), 13.4m] – Suarez continued his amazing ability to produce attacking returns with an assist against WBA but next up he faces title challengers Arsenal. This is going to be an excellent match that could go either way and for once, we’ve decided to take the armband off him. However, with Suarez being Suarez, there’s every chance that he could make us pay for his decision.
- Rickie LAMBERT [STO(H), 7.0m] – Lambert was instrumental in Southampton’s win over Fulham, having a hand in all 3 of their goals. The goal and 2 assists helped him to an impressive 15 point haul and will give him the world of confidence going into Gameweek 25. Their game against Stoke is going to be a real contest following their win over United but Lambert has the ability to build on this form.
- Robin VAN PERSIE (C) [FUL(H), 13.6m] – With RVP back and firing, we’ve given the deadly Dutchman the captain’s armband this weekend. Like Mata, he has taken no time to get back in the swing of things, scoring in both of the last two gameweeks. Fulham will be tired following their Cup defeat and they’ll have their work cut out preventing United from making an example of them.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to email@example.com or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryusha/