There’s no time to catch your breath as Gameweek 25 is already upon us.
In the midweek action, Leicester continued their fantastic season and claim for the title thanks to brace from Vardy which included an absolute cracker.
Spurs, United and Everton all impressed with 3-0 victories whilst Arsenal banged hard on the door with 21 efforts on goal but in the end Forster proved too much for them.
Anyway, with time at a premium, we best move on.
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Fraser FORSTER [WHM(H), 4.8m] – Forster made 10 saves at the Emirates on Tuesday night as the Saints held out. Since his return from injury 4 gameweeks ago, Southampton have not conceded a single goal and at 4.8m, he is an excellent option between the sticks if you’re looking to transfer in a new keeper.
- Hector BELLERIN [BOU(A), 6.1m] – Arsenal have also been solid at the back, keeping 4 clean sheets in their last 6 games. It was a tough choice between Arsenal’s full backs with Monreal impressing too but with Champions League action looming and the quick turnaround of gameweeks there’s a slight threat that Gibbs may be given some gametime, so we’ve opted for the safety of Bellerin.
- Toby ALDERWEIRELD [WAT(H), 6.2m] – Spurs are on a fine run, having scored 10 goals in their last 3 games and will be confident of beating Watford this weekend. The last time they conceded more than a single goal in a game was way back on the 13th December and having a Spurs defender in your squad would be a wise decision going forward.
- Alberto MORENO [SUN(H), 4.9m] – Backing Liverpool seems a little risky based on current form but they will look to impose themselves on a Sunderland side languishing in the relegation zone. Moreno showed attacking promise with 2 shots and 2 chances created against Leicester and we expect more this weekend.
- Georginio WIJNALDUM [WBA(H), 7.1m] – Newcastle were disappointing against Everton and we should see a reaction in front of their home fans in Gameweek 25. All 9 of Wijnaldum’s goals have come at St. James’ Park and he’ll once again be the man to watch as Newcastle face off against the Baggies.
- Roberto FIRMINO [SUN(H), 8.0m] – With games against Sunderland and Villa before the blank gameweek, we’re sticking with Firmino in the hope that he can get the goals Liverpool need. Classified as a midfielder and with an ownership of 11%, he remains a decent differential for those looking to rise through the ranks.
- Alexis SANCHEZ [BOU(A), 10.9m] – Despite starting for the first time since Gameweek 14, Sanchez couldn’t force the breakthrough against Southampton. It wasn’t from a lack of trying though as he had 5 shots and created 4 further chances. Sanchez is a livewire eager to make up for lost time, which is only bad news for Bournemouth.
- Christian ERIKSEN [WAT(H), 8.4m] – With doubts over Alli’s fitness, we turn to Spurs’ other midfield maestro. Eriksen has been overshadowed slightly by Kane and Alli but has accrued a very impressive 33 points in the last 3 gameweeks. Spurs will miss Alli if he fails to be passed fit but Eriksen will help to fill the void as they look to plough on against Watford.
- Harry KANE [WAT(H), 10.0m] – Kane has found the back of the net on 4 occasions in the last 3 gameweeks and in this form, Watford should be wary. It was a close call choosing between Aguero and Kane for the captaincy but we’ve chosen to play it safe and back the best striker in the league.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [LEI(H), 13.5m] – Aguero has 6 goals in his last 5 games and his fitness will be key to City’s title bid. Gameweek 25 kicks off with this Saturday lunchtime blockbuster where Aguero will need to be at his clinical best for City to secure an important 3 points against title rivals Leicester.
- Jamie VARDY [MCI(A), 7.2m] – The Christmas period and the beginning of January saw Vardy fail to return any attacking points for 5 matches but he’s back in business with 3 goals and an assist in the last 3 gameweeks. The belter against Liverpool will have restored his confidence and with an incredible 154 points to his name already, Vardy is the final player to complete our Select XI.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/