The story of last weekend was Leicester’s terrific win at the Etihad and perhaps Leicester fans can begin to dream. Any neutral will be hoping that Mahrez and Vardy can stay fit to lead their admirable team mates to an unlikely success story.
They’ve passed the first test with flying colours but next up is a trip to the Emirates to battle another title competitor. This fascinating fixture marks the start of a super Sunday, with kick off coming at 12pm.
Villa host Liverpool at 2.05pm before the other two title contenders City and Spurs end the day’s action, kicking off at 4.15pm. So make sure you free up your entire Sunday for hours of exciting action. Anyway, let’s get on with it!
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- David DE GEA [SUN(A), 5.6m] – De Gea’s quality isn’t in question, having notched 9 clean sheets this season and with United clicking at the other end of the field, good times lie ahead. Sunderland will take heart from their late comeback at Liverpool to draw level but getting past De Gea is an entirely different proposition than firing past Mignolet.
- Seamus COLEMAN [WBA(H), 5.8m] – Since returning from injury, Coleman has helped Everton to 2 clean sheets whilst also finding the back of the net last weekend. Everton have also scored 6 goals in these 2 games and will be full of confidence when they welcome the Baggies.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [NEW(H), 6.6m] – Chelsea have only conceded the one goal in their last three games and welcome Newcastle to Stamford Bridge in Gameweek 26, whose troubles away from home are well known. Ivanovic has also picked up 2 assists in the past month and will be a threat going forward too.
- Alberto MORENO [AVL(A), 4.9m] – Barring a late collapse, Liverpool were set for a welcome clean sheet against Sunderland. It could turn out to be a tight game against Villa, who are steadily improving but may not have the quality to find the back of the net.
- Michail ANTONIO [NOR(A), 5.3m] – Antonio is a bargain for those looking to free up funds and has the quality to demand a starting spot. Despite having only really played in the last 11 gameweeks, he’s found the net 3 times and set up a further 5 goals. With an ownership of just 2.3%, he’s an excellent differential for those looking to climb the rankings.
- Roberto FIRMINO [AVL(A), 8.2m] – Firmino was in top form against Sunderland and he’ll need to stay at his best to keep his spot with Sturridge back in the picture. Firmino is sure to trouble the Villa backline and we’re backing him to come good once more following his goal and an assist in Gameweek 25.
- Mesut OZIL [LEI(H), 9.9m] – Having failed to return any attacking points since the 28th December, over 200,000 managers have shipped Ozil out in recent weeks but were made to pay as the talented playmaker lashed home against Bournemouth. He’ll take confidence from that strike and will look to mastermind an important victory against table toppers Leicester.
- Riyaad MAHREZ [ARS(A), 7.1m] – Mahrez is back in business with a goal and 3 assists in the last 3 gameweeks. The strike against City was terrific after he skipped past challenge after challenge before giving Hart no chance. If Arsenal want to secure a result, they’ll need to watch Mahrez very closely.
- Diego COSTA [NEW(H), 10.6m] – With an ownership of just 6.9%, Costa is a differential who is in impressive form. In the last 7 gameweeks, he’s scored 6 times and set up a further 2. These haven’t quite converted to results with 5 draws coming in this period and Chelsea will need Costa to keep on scoring to drag them further up the table.
- Romelu LUKAKU (C) [WBA(H), 8.8m] – Lukaku finally ended his goal drought in the 3-0 win over Stoke and was rewarded with the maximum 3 bonus points for his performance. Barring the blank gameweek, Everton have some favourable fixtures with Villa, West Ham and Sunderland in the subsequent weeks.
- Wayne ROONEY [SUN(A), 10.0m] – United continued their recent resurgence with a strong performance away at Chelsea and Rooney is looking confident and dangerous once more. In the last 6 gameweeks, he’s scored 5 goals and created 3 more, and will be looking to pick apart Sunderland as United look to close the gap on the Champions League spots.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasmac/