With the League Cup final taking place, we’ve only 8 fixtures and have to make the most of our squads to get an eleven out.
Now is also a time to consider who you want to keep long term, especially for those who miss out this weekend. For example, in the next 4 gameweeks, Liverpool face Man City and Palace sandwiched between 2 blanks.
Everton also currently have 2 blanks in the next 4 but face Villa and West Ham in between. On the other hand, teams that you should be focusing on include Arsenal, who will be targeting the title, especially given the defeat to Barca, and Leicester who are fully refreshed, have excellent fixtures and are capable of their very own title charge.
Anyway, let’s get down to brass tacks…
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Jack BUTLAND [AVL(H), 5.2m] – Stoke addressed an alarming slump in form by beating Bournemouth away from home and will look to follow it up at home against Villa. It’s hard to see this being anything other than a home win and we’re backing Butland to pick up a clean sheet in the process.
- Jonas OLSSON [CPL(H), 4.3m] – West Brom have a number of injuries at the back but sure do have a fighting spirit at the back. Things will be kept tight against Palace and Olsson is our budget man to back, given the assist he picked up last week.
- Toby ALDERWEIRELD [SWA(H), 6.3m] – Spurs have a top notch defensive record and if you have the money, Alderweireld is the main pick (if not Wimmer is a fine budget choice). The full backs are rotated too often despite promising attacking statistics and favourable pricetags. Back to the gameweek, Spurs could be a little tired from Europa League action but will want to keep the pressure on those at the top with a win against Swansea.
- Christian FUCHS [NOR(H), 4.8m] – Choosing a Leicester defender comes down to Fuchs or Huth. In our opinion, Fuchs edges it for his overall attacking prowess and ability to notch up bonus points regardless of attacking returns. Leicester have had a good rest and will be ready and raring to go against Norwich.
- Dimitri PAYET [SUN(H), 8.3m] – Despite some impressive performances, Payet failed to return any attacking points in the 4 rounds prior to Gameweek 26 but he bounced back with a 13 point haul thanks to a goal and an assist. Payet’s back in business and our top West Ham choice as they welcome Sunderland.
- Marko ARNAUTOVIC [AVL(H), 6.3m] – Arnautovic’s fitness is in question but if he is passed to play, he’s the Stoke attacker to back. In fairness, it’s down to Arnie and Shaqiri who do have similar pricetags but Arnautovic has 5 more goals and 40 more fantasy points. Keep a close eye on the press conference for news but against Villa, it’s wise to have a Stoke attacker this gameweek.
- Dele ALLI [SWA(H), 6.1m] – Most of us will already have this man in our squads and given his pricetag and form, there’s no reason to get rid. Alli’s a young star and has every chance of getting more attacking points against Swansea as Spurs continue their title charge.
- Riyaad MAHREZ [NOR(H), 7.2m] – Mahrez was sacrificed following Simpson’s red at the Emirates but with 3 assists and a goal in his last 4, he’s a must have for your team. As Leicester push on and continue to play excellent football, Mahrez is going to be at the centre of it all, gathering more fantasy points in the process.
- Troy DEENEY [BOU(H), 5.2m] – Watford have been going through a tough patch following a strong first half of the season but picked up a win away at Palace thanks to 2 goals from Deeney. He’ll look to build on this when Watford welcome Bournemouth in Gameweek 27 but it’s important to remember the next fixtures include United, Leicester and a blank.
- Harry KANE [SWA(H), 10.1m] – Kane missed out against Fiorentina but wasn’t really needed as Spurs ran out comfortable victors. He’s supposed to return this weekend and if he does, Kane is a must have for your starting line up and an option for captaincy but a confirmation from Pochettino is needed.
- Jamie VARDY (C) [NOR(H), 7.6m] – After quite a long goal drought, Vardy is back in goalscoring form with 4 in his last 4 games. With a tidy run of fixtures on top, it’s not surprising to see managers flock to bring him in and at 7.6m, he still provides terrific value. In this reduced gameweek, Vardy gets the armband as Leicester look to increase their lead at the top.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/109430286@N06/