With the FA Cup taking place over this coming weekend, the Premier League action has been pushed forward to the midweek with games taking place over Tuesday and Wednesday. For some this will be welcoming as teams like City look to bounce back from disappointing results in Gameweek 27.
We’re also treated to double gameweeks for both Spurs and QPR but whether their players can return big scores for us remains to be seen. Spurs are in the middle of battling 4 games in the space of 9 days so rotation is very much a real possibility. Eriksen has already played the first two (Fiorentina and the Cup Final), so we’d be surprised if he plays the entire double gameweek. Kane was rested for the Europa League so stands a greater chance of minutes.
With QPR, it’s entirely different as they’ve had lots of time to prepare for this double. The only points to take into consideration is their limited ability to score highly for your team and that key midfielder Fer is still out injured.
Anyway, let’s crack on, so without further ado, here is our selection for the 28th gameweek of the season:
- Joe HART [LEI(H), 6.1m] – City haven’t looked the most secure at the back with Kompany coming under particular scrutiny but playing at Anfield will be different to Leicester at home. Leicester have often played well without getting the results but City will look for a morale-boosting win following the loss at Anfield.
- Jan VERTONGHEN [SWA(H), QPR(A), 5.8m] – Spurs are another side failing to record clean sheets but with two games on the horizon, their most secure defender, Vertonghen, finds his way into our Select XI. Managers looking to free up cash and go for Rose should be warned that he faces competition from Davies who played against Fiorentina.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [WHM(A), 7.4m] – Currently, the hottest property in terms of defenders, it’s no surprise that Ivanovic is included. As a defender, he’s scored twice and set up a further 3 goals in his last 7 gameweeks and is an excellent option for Chelsea coverage with managers choosing to forgo Costa for the time being.
- Ryan BERTRAND [CPL(H), 5.7m] – Bertrand came good in Gameweek 27 managing to secure 2 bonus points despite conceding, which bodes very well going forward. A clean sheet might not be kept against an attacking Palace but chances for attacking returns of his own could be likely given the amount of chances afforded to West Ham at the weekend.
- David SILVA [LEI(H), 9.6m] – Silva blanked in the tricky defeat to Liverpool but if he can replicate the heroics (2 goals and an assist) in the last home game against Newcastle, managers bringing him in for the forthcoming favourable fixtures will be very pleased.
- Eden HAZARD [WHM(A), 10.8m] – One of the standout players of the season so far, Hazard is sure to play a key role as Chelsea look to fight off rivals at the top of the table. More goals and assists can be expected, potentially beginning in this week’s game against West Ham.
- Raheem STERLING [BUR(H), 8.5m] – Sterling retains his place in our Select XI following his double assist performance against City. There’s a slight risk of him being rested but if he does start, Sterling has a strong chance of keeping up his great form. Coutinho is a slightly deeper alternative who was rested against Besiktas last week.
- Sadio MANE [CPL(H), 6.6m] – Although Palace beat West Ham at the weekend, Sakho and Valencia were both given plenty of chances to score given Palace’s attacking philosophy under Pardew. Pelle may be struggling for confidence and form but Mane could be the one to pounce on these opportunities and secure a win for the Saints (as long as he turns up on time!).
- Harry KANE (C) [SWA(H), QPR(A), 6.2m] – Kane is a must have for a Spurs double gameweek, scoring in 9 of his last 11 league games! There’s a little risk of rotation but as he was rested against Fiorentina (where Soldado failed to impress) and with little else to play for, Kane should start both games and potentially return a great score.
- Charlie AUSTIN [ARS(H), TOT(H), 6.3m] – Tackling both Arsenal and Spurs won’t be the easiest of tasks but if anyone is going to return points in this home double, it’s going to be Austin. Expected to score the goals to secure Premier League survival, penalty taker Austin has the potential to notch a decent score. Matty Phillips (4.6m) is the only other option we’d recommend after setting up 3 goals in his last 2 games, after being given a chance to impress by Ramsey.
- Sergio AGUERO [LEI(H), 12.9m] – Aguero takes our final spot after continuing his form with a fine reverse pass assist against Liverpool to take him to 4 in his last 5 games (inc. 3 goals of his own). The Leicester backline will have to be at their best if they plan to stop the deadly Argentinian striker.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/calciostreaming/