Apologies for the late arrival of this week’s Select XI, we’ve been busy beavers here at Fantasy Football Addict, so stay tuned for new features to the site.
With time of the essence, let’s get down to it…
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Fraser FORSTER [SUN(H), 5.0m] – Sunderland have turned in some decent performances so this clean sheet is far from guaranteed. However, barring the last 2 games, Southampton kept an incredible 6 clean sheets in a row.
- Aleksandar KOLAROV [AVL(H), 6.0m] – Kolarov has had cameos in the last 2 games so he’s due a start. With Villa’s defence more welcoming than any other, Kolarov should have plenty of licence to bomb down the left to provide attacking support in a victory to get City’s season back on track.
- Charlie DANIELS [NEW(A), 4.8m] – Bournemouth have not conceded in their last 2 games and before that Daniels created 2 goals in the previous 3 games. On current form, Bournemouth should give Newcastle a good game and Daniels has the opportunity to return some fantasy points.
- Ashley WILLIAMS [NOR(H), 4.8m] – Swansea’s victory over Arsenal will have given them a big boost in confidence and next up they have a home encounter against Norwich. We’re backing Swansea to possibly secure a rare clean sheet whilst Williams also showed his attacking potential with a goal against Arsenal.
- Gylfi SIGURDSSON [NOR(H), 7.1m] – Since the start of the year, Sigurdsson has found his shooting boots having bagged 5 goals. Against Arsenal, he picked up an assist and with an ownership of 4.6%, Sigurdsson can be a handy differential as Swansea begin a kind run of fixtures.
- David SILVA [AVL(H), 9.8m] – City have some serious questions to answer following the disappointing defeat to Liverpool. They don’t have much time to recover but against Villa, they’ll have chances to put things right. Silva hasn’t returned any attacking points in his last 5 games and will look to dissect Villa as City bounce back.
- Christian ERIKSEN [ARS(H), 8.6m] – Another player in charge of leading a recovery from a disappointing result will be Eriksen. The atmosphere will be electric and this should lead to an exciting encounter where goals are sure to appear.
- Riyad MAHREZ [WAT(A), 7.3m] – Whilst other teams stuttered in midweek, Leicester showed they had plenty of fight and were unlucky not to score further goals against West Brom. Mahrez continues to shine and will be relied upon to inspire Leicester to a victory when they travel to Watford.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [AVL(H), 13.4m] – Aguero hasn’t scored in the last 2 gameweeks so he’s due a goal and there’s no better defence to face than Villa’s in this scenario. He had scored 7 in the previous 6 games and Aguero is the clear captaincy candidate this weekend.
- Romelu LUKAKU [WHM(H), 8.7m] – Lukaku got back to scoring ways against Villa midweek and has now got 2 in his last 3. West Ham have kept 3 clean sheets in their last 6 and it won’t be a simple game for Everton but we’re backing the big man to keep his scoring streak going.
- Diego COSTA [STO(H), 10.8m] – Costa has been on fire since Boxing Day but has fallen under the radar as Chelsea have seemed unreliable. With an ownership of 12%, managers haven’t taken the deadly striker seriously. Costa’s returned attacking points in 8 of his last 11 gameweeks with 8 goals and 4 assists during this period.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/calciostreaming/