With only 10 teams in action this gameweek, advanced preparation will split the fantasy football addicts and the casual players.
If you’re lucky enough to have a full eleven, you could be set for a rise up the rankings. There are some favourable fixtures this gameweek and taking a hit or two, could well be worth it. Especially if you’re looking to bring in one of our Select XI, so to give you some options to consider, let’s get on with it.
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Jack BUTLAND [SOT(H), 5.3m] – Shawcross is set to return after coming through a full training session and he’ll be a massive boost to Butland’s chances of a clean sheet. Stoke have struggled without their defensive talisman but points could be coming Butland’s way as they host goal-shy Southampton.
- Toby ALDERWEIRELD [AVL(A), 6.4m] – When Spurs visit Villa Park, it’s hard to see anything other than an away victory. With Villa’s struggles in front of goal and at the back, Alderweireld could be set for his first clean sheet in 5 games.
- Vincent KOMPANY [NOR(A), 6.2m] – City bounced back as expected by hosting bottom of the table Villa. Norwich are far from an attacking threat and Kompany could lead City to second shut-out in two.
- Christian FUCHS [NEW(H), 4.9m] – Leicester will be targeting nothing less than a victory and they have the quality to achieve it. They host Newcastle next and Fuchs takes our last spot given his additional attacking threat as Leicester’s corner taker.
- Matt RITCHIE [SWA(H), 5.3m] – Bournemouth have put in some top performances of late and Ritchie is one of the reasons behind this. In the last 4, he’s scored once and set up a further 3 goals. Swansea will have a tough test when they travel down to Bournemouth.
- David SILVA [NOR(A), 9.9m] – Silva has struggled for attacking returns but the tonic of an encounter with Villa seems to have done the trick, as he set up 2 goals to rack up a 9-point haul. Despite taking pain-killing injections, Silva should be good to go against Norwich, as City continue to get their title challenge back on track.
- Christian ERIKSEN [AVL(A), 8.6m] – Eriksen has failed to notch attacking points in the last 3 gameweeks but he has the Villa tonic to come next. In Gameweek 29, he had 4 shots at goal whilst creating 5 chances for others, so points should flow when he faces Villa.
- Riyad MAHREZ [NEW(H), 7.3m] – Mahrez scored an instrumental goal to secure 3 points against Watford and he can be the key for Leicester as they look to hunt down the title. We’re backing Mahrez to open up Newcastle and maintain Leicester’s lead at the top of the table.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [NOR(A), 13.6m] – Aguero’s been on fire since returning from injury scoring braces on 3 occasions and 9 goals in total this calendar year. If someone is going to pull City back into the title race, Aguero is the man to do it.
- Jamie VARDY [NEW(H), 7.8m] – With 19 goals to his name already, Vardy will be looking to break into the 20s when he faces Newcastle in front of the Leicester home crowd capable of seismic reactions. As neutrals, we’re backing Vardy to get the fans rocking once more.
- Harry KANE [AVL(A), 10.1m] – Kane only featured for 14 minutes against Dortmund as Spurs ended up losing 3-0. On the upside, Kane will be fresh for Villa and is another captaincy option against the struggling Villa defence, having scored 6 in the last 8 gameweeks.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wonker/