It’s the double gameweek we’ve all been waiting for with 10 FPL teams playing twice!
If you’ve still got your bench boost available, now’s the time to use it. Big scores lie in wait for managers who have planned ahead and the odd transfer points hit could also reap rewards.
This is the start of a few crucial gameweeks which will have a big impact on how your season ends. Whilst this round of fixtures is incredibly alluring, it’s important to bear in mind that teams like United, West Ham and Everton all blank in Gameweek 35.
Being able to field as many players as possible in the next gameweek could be just as advantageous to your rank as the double gameweekers in 34. Anyway, let’s crack on!
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- David DE GEA [AVL(H), CPL(H), 5.8m] – Our first double gameweeker comes in the form of United’s star shot stopper. De Gea’s kept 3 clean sheets in his last 5 and faces both Villa and Palace at home. It wouldn’t be surprising if he prevented both teams from finding the back of the net.
- Chris SMALLING [AVL(H), CPL(H), 6.5m] – We’re doubling up on the United backline given their favourable fixtures. Despite his heavy pricetag, Smalling is the least likely to be rotated and is the pick to go for if you have the cash to spare. As mentioned above, it’s important to keep in mind that United don’t play in Gameweek 35.
- Aaron CRESSWELL [LEI(A), WAT(H), 5.7m] – West Ham have conceded quite a few goals of late but they’ve also scored a lot too. Cresswell may not necessarily secure clean sheet points but as he showed against Arsenal with an assist, attacking returns are a possibility too.
- Hector BELLERIN [CPL(H), WBA(H), 6.4m] – Arsenal have a fantastic run in and it’d be wise to load up on their best players as their only target is to mop up any crumbs Leicester leave behind. Bellerin has 3 assists and a goal in his last 4 and is clearly the stand-out option at the back for the Gunners.
- Alexis SANCHEZ (C) [CPL(H), WBA(H), 10.9m] – Sanchez stuttered a little when he first returned from injury but with 3 assists and 3 goals in the last 5 gameweeks, it’s clear the Chilean is back firing. With two favourable home games, we’re handing Sanchez the captaincy for this important double gameweek.
- Mesut OZIL [CPL(H), WBA(H), 9.6m] – Whilst Sanchez notched up the attacking points, Ozil was suffering a mini-drought with no returns in 4 prior to his goal against West Ham. But Ozil remains the chief creator and with 18 assists to his name already, we fully expect him to be in his 20s before the end of the season.
- Kevin DE BRUYNE [CHE(A), NEW(A), 10.3m] – Pellegrini is clearly looking to manage De Bruyne’s minutes following his return from a long lay-off but he’s becoming more and more important to City’s results, scoring both domestically and in Europe. With United just 4 points behind and 2 home games to look forward to, City can’t afford to give them a sniff.
- Dimitri PAYET [LEI(A), WAT(H), 8.5m] – Payet has been in great form with 4 assists and 3 goals in his last 7 and despite a 32% ownership, he’s the standout pick from West Ham. With 2 games to profit from, Payet will look to keep their dreams alive of Champions League football next season.
- Philippe COUTINHO [BOU(A), EVE(H), 8.2m] – Klopp was rewarded for resting Coutinho in the previous gameweek, as he set up Sakho and found the back of the net in the victory over Dortmund to make it 3 goals in his last 3 starts. He may play a partial role at Bournemouth but Coutinho’s goalscoring potential is too strong to leave out with a double that features a Merseyside derby at Anfield.
- Marcus RASHFORD[AVL(H), CPL(H), 4.5m] – As we’ve splashed the cash in the rest of the Select XI team, we’ve gone for a budget frontline, starting with Rashford. He scored a wonderful goal against West Ham and although Rooney might affect his minutes, Rashford should still get plenty of time to add to his domestic tally against the likes of Villa and Palace.
- Aleksandar MITROVIC [SWA(H), MCI(H), 6.2m] – Newcastle haven’t looked like securing the points they need for survival but if anyone is going to get the goals they crave, Mitrovic is the man. With 3 in his last 3 games and a tiny ownership of 1.4%, Mitrovic is a ready-made double gameweek differential.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/