Here at Fantasy Football Addict, we’d been looking forward to Gameweek 34 for a long, long time (in fact ever since it was announced). Some massive scores have been delivered by players and many managers have duly been rewarded with triple figure points hauls.
To follow up the mammoth double gameweek, we’ve got the opposite as teams sit out due to FA cup action. With this in mind, getting a full eleven out will give you a good shot of climbing up the rankings. Let’s not chew the fat though…
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Joe HART [STO(H), 5.6m] – City have conceded just 3 times in their last 7 games as they look to secure a top 4 spot in the league. At 5.6m, Hart provides strong value and at home to Stoke, another clean sheet could be on the cards.
- Christian FUCHS [SWA(H), 5.1m] – After 5 clean sheets in a row, Leicester finally conceded against the Hammers who have been in fine scoring form. With Vardy out, Leicester will work twice as hard to shut Swansea out and grab another win to keep Spurs at arm’s length as we approach the end of the season.
- Toby ALDERWEIRELD [WBA(H), 6.4m] – It won’t be easy though as Spurs are hunting Leicester down at the top. They’ve only conceded once in 5 games and are looking incredibly impressive defensively and going forward.
- Virgil VAN DIJK [AVL(A), 5.7m] – Villa are dead and buried and despite having the home advantage, it’s hard to see anything other than a Saints win. Villa may go on the offensive to give their fans something to cheer but with little to play for, Van Dijk could easily pick up some clean sheet points.
- Andros TOWNSEND [LIV(A), 5.7m] – Townsend was one of the stars of Gameweek 34 as he built on his recent strong form to give Newcastle fans hope of survival. He was instrumental in the win over Swansea with a goal and an assist, and will look to pick up more vital points against a Liverpool side with one eye on their upcoming Europa League semi-final.
- Sadio MANE [AVL(A), 7.3m] – With 3 goals in his last 4, Mane has the form to punish an obliging Villa defence heading down to the Championship. Southampton have improved following a mid-season slump and should have too much quality for Villa.
- Riyad MAHREZ [SWA(H), 7.3m] – With Vardy suspended, it’ll be down to Mahrez to lead the charge against Swansea. Leicester can’t afford to let their momentum stutter and in front of their incredible home fans, we’re expecting a home win to put them one step closer to that magical title.
- Dele ALLI [WBA(H), 6.2m] – Alli’s in fantastic form with 4 assists and 3 goals in his last 6 games. It’s been a terrific season for Alli and if Spurs do push Leicester all the way to the wire, this young man will have played a major role. At 6.2m, he’s an absolute bargain and a midfielder who should be in your end of season squad.
- Sergio AGUERO [STO(H), 13.5m] – Aguero was a double gameweek monster notching 4 goals and racking up 26 points. If you were lucky enough to triple captain him, that would’ve been 78 points! There’s a slight chance his minutes will be limited with the Champions League semi-final in mind but with United just 2 points behind and in this sort of form, Pellegrini can’t afford to leave him out.
- Jermain DEFOE [ARS(H), 5.1m] – Defoe has always been a goalscorer but if he can continue to find the back of the net, he might just keep Sunderland in the Premier League. At the budget friendly 5.1m, Defoe also has a home double against Chelsea and Everton in Gameweek 37 to look forward to.
- Harry KANE (C) [WBA(H), 10.3m] – Harry Kane is on fire with 8 goals in his last 6 games and he’s the man we’re backing with the captain’s armband. Having lost to Arsenal, the Baggies are surely set for another loss against the highflying Spurs.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/calciostreaming/