With the title all done and dusted, there’ll be no Aguero heroics this time around. So it’s a good thing that it’s all spicing up down in the relegation battle.
Teams are going on the offensive and have found the heart and determination late in the day. This attitude is serving many of them well with points coming thick and fast.
Even Sunderland managed to secure a win last weekend to raise our hopes for a profitable double Gameweek 37. Such is the form of the teams at the bottom that even Newcastle have been pulled into the battle (this is also due to their utterly dreadful form).
QPR and Burnley look set for the drop barring an amazing turnaround. So the last question is who will join them? We’re edging nearer to the end of the season and there’s a straight shootout between 5 sides separated by just 2 points.
Anyway, that’s enough talk let’s crack on, here is our selection for the 36th gameweek of the season:
- Joe HART [QPR(H), 6.1m] – QPR are in some deep trouble and it doesn’t get any easier when they travel to the Etihad this weekend. City passed a tricky test away at Spurs to come away with a clean sheet and another could on the cards in Gameweek 36.
- Michael DAWSON [BUR(H), 4.6m] – In this relegation crunch match, form may go out of the window but Hull will know just how important it is and will push hard for the win. With 2 clean sheets in the double Gameweek 34, Hull may keep it tight against Burnley to snatch a vital 3 points.
- Phil JAGIELKA [SUN(H), 5.8m] – Everton are another side who are finding form with fine home victories where they have not conceded in their last 3. In addition, Jagielka has also found the back of the net twice in his last 5 games to signal some attacking threat.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [LIV(H), 7.7m] – Chelsea ground out the title in classic Mourinho style by stopping the opposition from scoring in 4 of their last 5 games. Whether they’ll go more offensive now the title has been tied up remains to be seen but against Liverpool, they won’t want to take too many chances to spoil their end of season finish.
- Jack GREALISH [WHM(H), 4.3m] – Sherwood has got Villa believing once more and their football is flowing along with the results. The win against Everton was a massive 3 points and Villa are flying at the moment with Grealish a crucial part. Points haven’t come his way yet but things could change before the end of the season, especially with set pieces in his locker.
- Eden HAZARD [LIV(H), 11.4m] – Hazard’s been spotted on holiday this week on Instagram but it’ll be very surprising if he’s left out of this big game against Liverpool. It’s not a game to be taken for granted and Mourinho will not stand for a loss after securing the title.
- David SILVA [QPR(H), 9.5m] – Silva shook off any injury concerns and played a crucial role in the win over Spurs, assisting Aguero and getting the maximum 3 bonus points. He remains the key playmaker for City and will cause all sorts of trouble for QPR to dent their survival hopes.
- Alexis SANCHEZ [SWA(H), 11.3m] – As we approach the Arsenal double, Sanchez has declared his essential status with a fine double against Hull. If he can produce anything similar to that performance, he’s a strong captaincy option each gameweek before the season’s out.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [QPR(H), 12.7m] – Any fears that Aguero had lost his touch have been well and truly put to bed with 5 goals in his last 4 games to get City’s season back on track. In this form, we’ve given Aguero the captaincy to strike up a strong score as we approach the end of the season.
- Romelu LUKAKU [SUN(H), 8.7m] – As we mentioned earlier, Everton have been in fine form at home and Lukaku is the man to benefit up top since returning to the starting eleven. With 9 goals to his name this season, Lukaku will be looking to finish on a high from an indifferent campaign.
- Christian BENTEKE [WHM(H), 7.8m] – Benteke has been rejuvenated under Sherwood and is arguably the most in-form striker as we approach the final 3 gameweeks. With 10 goals in his last 8 games, he has the firepower to secure Villa’s Premier League status.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/67444183@N04/