So the last double gameweek of the season is here, the last glimmer of a potential one-er. We all hunger to break that 100-point mark in a single gameweek and our hopes and dreams lay in the hands of Arsenal and Sunderland.
You’ve probably been planning well in advance for this double and it all comes down to whether those well laid plans come to fruition. Well there’s only one way to find out and that’s by playing the game!
[This has been written well in advance so if any players from the eleven below are injured or if prices have changed, please ignore for the sake of your fantasy football sanity!]
Anyway, let’s crack on with our selection for the 37th gameweek of the season:
- Hugo LLORIS [HUL(H), 5.4m] – Gameweek 37 is a bit of a tricky one for finding clean sheets so we’ve chosen Lloris who could stump Hull is Spurs turn it on in their final home game of the season.
- Ryan SHAWCROSS [BUR(A), 5.3m] – As mentioned before, it’s not the easiest of gameweeks to predict shut outs so we’ve gone for the impressive mid-tablers Stoke to make life difficult for the goal-shy Burnley.
- Patrick VAN AANHOLT [LEI(H), ARS(A), 4.1m] – Sunderland’s attacking full-back with a double up his sleeve.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [WBA(A), 7.7m] – Star right-back for Chelsea, as long as he isn’t rested, Ivanovic can be depended on until the end of the season.
- Santi CAZORLA [MUN(A), SUN(H), 8.2m] – Cazorla has been massively influential for Arsenal in a deep-lying role with passes that can split defences. It’s unlikely for him to be rested and should be a good shout for the double.
- Eden HAZARD [WBA(A), 11.4m] – Player of the season and the player who’s made the difference in the title race.
- Jordi GOMEZ [LEI(H), ARS(A), 5.1m] – Gomez’s penalties were crucial a couple of gameweeks ago and if Sunderland go on the offensive to secure points, another penalty could be on the cards.
- Alexis SANCHEZ (C) [MUN(A), SUN(H), 11.3m] – Sanchez’s goals have been a revelation for Arsenal this season and he can be explosive in this double.
- Sergio AGUERO [SWA(A), 12.7m] – Arguably the best striker in the league, Aguero could easily punish the Swansea backline.
- Connor WICKHAM [LEI(H), ARS(A), 5.6m] – With impressive attacking stats of late, his goals could be crucial in keeping Sunderland up.
- Olivier GIROUD [MUN(A), SUN(H), 8.6m] – As Arsenal’s attacking focal point, Giroud can benefit from the double and build on his fantastic season up front.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/