A huge congratulations to Leicester, it’s been an incredible season and one which we’ll remember for when the impossible became possible.
They’ve more than contributed to this FPL season, with budget stars at the back as they racked up clean sheet after clean sheet. Leicester also provided us with two budget points monsters in Mahrez and Vardy who have shown a level of consistency that has fired the underdogs to the title.
But it’s not all over yet, we’ve still got 2 gameweeks left including the doubles to look forward to in the upcoming round of fixtures. A massive 8 teams play twice and if you have the right players, you could shoot up the rankings once more before the campaign’s over. With this in mind, let’s not twiddle our thumbs…
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Karl DARLOW [AVL(A), 3.9m] – With injuries providing Darlow an opportunity between the sticks, he has helped Newcastle secure vital points. This was particularly evident in the recent win over Palace where he made some important saves and stopped former Magpie Cabaye scoring from the spot. Villa are a team there for the taking and Darlow will look to keep it tight at the back once more.
- Chris SMALLING [NOR(A), WHM(A), 6.5m] – With 4 clean sheets in his last 6 games, Smalling has been racking up the points. With a double on the horizon including goal-shy Norwich, Smalling could very well notch up a decent score before hosting Bournemouth in the final round of fixtures.
- Patrick VAN AANHOLT [CHE(H), EVE(H), 4.7m] – Sunderland have kept 3 clean sheets in their last 5 matches as they look to secure survival. They face a tricky double with Chelsea and Everton in the penultimate gameweek but both matches take place at the Stadium of Light and Van Aanholt also provides attacking potential going forward.
- Aaron CRESSWELL [SWA(H), MUN(H), 5.7m] – With City losing to Southampton, West Ham have an outside shot of upsetting the odds and breaking into the top 4. So you can expect them to fight until the very end and Cresswell is our Hammers defender of choice, having scored and assisted in his last 4 games to highlight his threat going forward.
- Dimitri PAYET (C) [SWA(H), MUN(H), 8.5m] – Payet’s points have been ticking over with assists and despite being overshadowed by Noble and Kouyate in recent weeks, he’s our captaincy choice. He’s by far West Ham’s most talented player and he’s sure to deliver in this home double.
- Ross BARKLEY [LEI(A), SUN(A), 7.0m] – Everton addressed their poor form with a much-needed win over Bournemouth where Barkley delivered his first attacking points in months with an assist. The atmosphere at Leicester is sure to be electric, giving Everton a boost, whilst Huth will be a big miss at the back. Barkley will get a second bite of the cherry with a trip to Sunderland who may keep it tight but will also provide the Everton midfielder another shot of returning points.
- Eden HAZARD [SUN(A), LIV(A), 10.8m] – Surprisingly, Hazard was benched following his double against Bournemouth as Hiddink looks to manage his minutes but emerged from the bench to inspire Chelsea’s revival against Spurs. He may not start both games but Hazard’s looking lively once more and will want to take some goalscoring form into the Euros.
- Andros TOWNSEND [AVL(A), 5.8m] – Townsend scored a fab free kick to beat Palace last weekend, taking him to 3 goals and an assist in his last 5 games. Villa can’t keep a clean sheet to save their lives so Townsend could be in for a big score before taking on his former-side Spurs in the final gameweek of the season.
- Jamie VARDY [EVE(H), 7.4m] – Vardy will be incredibly relieved to see that his suspension didn’t have an impact on Leicester’s charge to become champions and he’ll be itching to get back on the pitch. Expect Vardy to run himself ragged against Everton and look to pick up from where he left off, having scored in the 2 games prior to his ban.
- Jermain DEFOE [CHE(H), EVE(H), 5.3m] – Defoe justified our selection last week as he notched from the spot to secure an important point against Stoke. That took him to 4 in the last 7 games and if Sunderland are to stay up, Defoe will need to score more, starting with the home double against Chelsea and Everton.
- Andy CARROLL [SWA(H), MUN(H), 6.5m] – Carroll is in superb form, having scored 5 and set up another in his last 4 games. His minutes may be managed over the double but as Carroll’s shown in the last couple of months, he can be equally as effective from the bench.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bensutherland/