So here we are, facing the final gameweek of the season! Unfortunately, most things have been decided in the league but that means little as there’s still lots to fight for in our own mini-leagues and rankings.
Some teams are sure to rotate with players being rested for the Euros, whilst managers look to give some youngsters a run out. It’s already been seen with some clubs and Allardyce is set to follow suit after announcing that some Sunderland U21s will be given an opportunity to impress in their final game of the season.
Whilst there are points still up for grabs, the fight goes on! With this in mind, let’s not sit on our hands…
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- David DE GEA [BOU(H), 5.9m] – United have only conceded a single goal in their last 5 home games and De Gea deserves a lot of the credit. In an indifferent season for many of United’s players, De Gea has been strong and dependable at the back and United have to do everything they can to hold on to him over the summer.
- Chris SMALLING [BOU(H), 6.5m] – Smalling cemented his spot in the United backline this season and has helped them secure 5 clean sheets in their last 8 games. United still have an outside shot of the 4th spot and will look to pounce on any potential slip up from City.
- Virgil VAN DIJK [CPL(H), 5.6m] – Southampton are finishing the season with a strong run of form that has seen them beat the likes of City and Spurs in recent weeks. Next they face a Palace side who will have one eye on their upcoming cup final, so it’s hard to see anything but a home banker with a potential clean sheet to boot.
- Hector BELLERIN [AVL(H), 6.5m] – Arsenal have the ideal game to secure Champions League football and potentially steal 2nd place from Spurs if they suffer a surprise loss at Newcastle. Villa may park the bus but that only boosts Bellerin’s chances of picking up a 4th clean sheet in 5.
- Mesut OZIL [AVL(H), 9.3m] – Ozil is set to recover from the knock that kept him out last week and his creativity could be key to unlocking a team that may be happy having 11 players behind the ball. On the other hand, an early goal could open the floodgates allowing Ozil to finish the season on a high.
- Alexis SANCHEZ (C) [AVL(H), 11.0m] – If Ozil is at his creative best, Sanchez is sure to benefit. He’s scored 7 goals in the last 9 games and we’re backing him to run the Villa defence ragged to give the Gunners fans one last performance to cheer about.
- Eden HAZARD [LEI(H), 10.9m] – It took until the 35th gameweek of the season for Hazard to awake from his slumber and show us why he was such a force to be reckoned with in Chelsea’s title-winning campaign. The reasons behind this, we may never know but with 4 goals in his last 4 games, Hazard has the form and talent to punish the new champions.
- Dusan TADIC [CPL(H), 6.6m] – With Mane’s fitness in question, we’re playing it safe and have chosen the chief creator in recent weeks, Dusan Tadic. He’s set up no less than 6 goals in the last 4 gameweeks, on top of a brace he scored against Villa. The points have been coming in thick and fast, and Tadic is sure to take advantage of a Palace side distracted by the cup final.
- Sergio AGUERO [SWA(A), 13.3m] – Plain and simple, Aguero is a goal machine. He’s scored in each of his last 6 games and has racked up 24 goals for the season despite missing 8 games. Swansea shocked everyone by beating the Hammers convincingly and will provide a test for City but Aguero is a clear threat they will struggle to contain.
- Harry KANE [NEW(A), 10.2m] – Kane has had an outstanding season, scoring 25 goals and hasn’t missed a single game for Spurs. He’ll be disappointed that they didn’t push Leicester right to the wire but with Arsenal breathing down their necks, Kane will be in charge of ruining Newcastle’s final home game in the Premiership.
- Anthony MARTIAL [BOU(H), 7.7m] – In a season where United have struggled for any attacking consistency, Martial has been the rare spark to cling to. The young Frenchman has 11 goals and 5 assists to his name and there is clearly more to look forward to in seasons to come. In United’s final run out at Old Trafford, Martial has an opportunity to finish his debut season on a high.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/