Bournemouth fully deserved the title of the team of the week from the last round of fixtures, following their 4-3 victory over West Ham, putting their goalscoring doubters to bed. Wilson emerged as the hero with his impressive hat trick and unsurprisingly, managers have been swarming to bring the budget striker into their squads.
Another player who impressed was the former-Barcelona star Pedro who went straight into Chelsea’s lineup to provide some much needed attacking thrust. He didn’t disappoint as he picked up a goal and an assist in a sparkling debut. Coming in at £2m cheaper than Hazard, he’s a useful Chelsea coverage option that frees up budget.
Looking forward, we have some interesting fixtures with some potential home bankers in the form of City and Liverpool taking on Watford and West Ham respectively. With this in mind, they dominate our Select XI.
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Simon MIGNOLET [WHM(H), 5.1m] – Liverpool have started the season in fine defensive fashion with 3 clean sheets from 3 and next up they welcome West Ham to Anfield. They could very well make it a fourth successive shut out as Liverpool look for their third win of the season against an out of sorts Hammers team.
- Aleksandar KOLAROV [WAT(H), 5.7m] – Since the introduction of Sterling, Kolarov has struck up an exciting partnership down the left, where his attacking talents have come to the forefront. This was finally realised in Gameweek 3, as he notched to add to his clean sheet for a 15-point haul. With this being key to City’s attack, Clichy will have to make do with a spot on the bench for the immediate future.
- Glen JOHNSON [WBA(H), 5.0m] – Stoke haven’t picked up a clean sheet yet but at the same time their defence has only conceded more than once in Gameweek 2 away at Spurs. Welcoming a West Brom side finding its feet without Berahino, Johnson has the potential to score points at both ends of the field, having supplied 12 crosses already this season.
- Joe GOMEZ [WHM(H), 4.7m] – With the Liverpool backline yet to concede this season, we’re doubling up in the hope they can keep a struggling West Ham side at bay. Liverpool’s performance at the Emirates was their most impressive so far this season and the team is starting to click, which can only be bad news for the Hammers. Gomez has shown poise beyond his years and could be a fine fantasy asset this season.
- Philippe COUTINHO [WHM(H), 8.1m] – Coutinho was incredibly unlucky not to find himself on the scoresheet against Arsenal, hitting the woodwork twice and finding Cech in inspired form. He is key to Liverpool’s season and has more than enough talent to punish an obliging West Ham defence this weekend.
- PEDRO [CPL(H), 9.5m] – Mourinho must be thanking his lucky stars that United didn’t secure Pedro before he could work his charm on the talented Spaniard. Pedro’s class is clear for all to see with an awesome record at Barcelona, and Chelsea now have a fine attacker on their books that can prove to be a fantasy asset as the season progresses.
- Mesut OZIL [NEW(A), 8.5m] – With budget constraints in mind, we’ve chosen Ozil instead of Sanchez for our Arsenal coverage when they face Newcastle in Gameweek 4. With Wenger’s challenge for Ozil to net 10 goals this season, we can be sure that Ozil will be looking to score as well as assist when they look to bounce back from a tricky draw with Liverpool. The German has fantastic ability and if the Arsenal midfield can click, Newcastle will be in trouble.
- David SILVA [WAT(H),10.1m] – City have been on fire this season and as always, Silva has been at the heart of it all with his unerring ability to find space between the lines and thread balls like a master weaver. If Watford fail as other sides have to stop Silva from controlling the game, they’ll be in for a long afternoon on Saturday.
- Callum WILSON [LEI(H), 5.5m] – Bournemouth will have been buoyed by their win at West Ham and Wilson will take great confidence from his hat trick. He’ll be itching to get back on the field and it should be an exciting game against the high flyers Leicester.
- Bafetimbi GOMIS [MUN(H), 7.3m] – Goals breed confidence and Gomis has scored in every game this season. The run will have to end at some point but whilst United have had to travel to Belgium to secure Champions League football, Swansea have had all week to prepare for this Gameweek 4 fixture. Despite the impressive midweek showing, we’re expecting Swansea to bring United back down to ground as they continue to build on their impressive start to the season.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [WAT(H), 13.2m] – Aguero may have blanked in the previous gameweek but we can’t see it happening again as City welcome Watford to the Etihad. The explosive Argentinian will make things incredibly difficult for the Watford backline, who will have to be at their very best to get anything out of this game.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wonker/