It feels like an age since the last gameweek and withdrawal symptoms had started to take hold but the prospect of Gameweek 5 is helping.
The hunger for fantasy points isn’t easily filled no matter how many pies, burgers or sugary delights you try. But don’t fear, a full round of fixtures is on its way with some great games to look forward to.
With the Champions League returning next week, the top sides all feature on the Saturday. Everton get things underway in the early kick off against a Chelsea side eager to rectify their poor start to the season. Whilst United host rivals Liverpool in what should be another tasty encounter but that’s enough small talk.
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Lukasz FABIANSKI [WAT(A), 5.0m] – Swansea have had a great start to the season and are currently unbeaten despite facing both Chelsea and United. They’ve only kept the one clean sheet but could pick up another when they travel to Watford.
- Robert HUTH [AVL(H), 4.5m] – Leicester haven’t recorded a shut-out so far in this campaign but a home match against Villa provides a decent opportunity. Huth will also be a threat from set pieces and comes in at the reasonable cost of 4.5m.
- Nacho MONREAL [STO(H), 5.5m] – Monreal has impressed with Gibbs out of the picture and despite being a bit of a rotational risk, has shown that he can secure the points with 2 bonus doubles in each of his last 2 games on top of clean sheets. As long as he keeps his spot, Monreal could have the BPS score to back it up.
- Aaron CRESSWELL [NEW(H), 5.5m] – With Cresswell’s attacking credentials coming to the forefront with 2 assists in the last 2 games, the West Ham full back has averaged 5.5 points per game this season. Up next, he has a favourable home encounter with Newcastle to continue this fine form.
- Bakary SAKO [MCI(H), 5.5m] – Costing the same as Cresswell, Sako really shows his value on top of becoming a revelation since breaking into Palace’s starting eleven. He’s scored in each game with an assist to boot, taking him to 23 points from 2 games. If Sako can create something against City, you can expect his price to start shooting up.
- David SILVA [CPL(A), 10.2m] – Following today’s news that Silva is set to miss out but will hopefully be back midweek, we’d recommend taking a gamble on Sterling (8.9m) or potentially De Bruyne (10m) if you’re feeling particularly adventurous.
- Dmitri PAYET [NEW(H), 7.6m] – Despite blanking last weekend in West Ham’s 3-0 win over Liverpool, Payet’s quality is evident. He created more chances (3) than any of his team mates and will be an important part to West Ham’s season.
- Alexis SANCHEZ (C) [STO(H), 11.0m] – Sanchez has just a single assist to his name but if he can continue to play like he did against Newcastle, this will surely change. Sanchez had 7 shots and created a further 2 chances for team mates at St James’ Park, leaving us all to wonder what stats he’ll deliver at home to Stoke.
- Riyad MAHREZ [AVL(H), 6.1m] – Having started the season at 5.5m, Mahrez is a great example of what happens to a budget midfielder’s pricetag when he’s in top form. This could potentially happen with Sako but until then, Mahrez is our man and sure to cause Villa some problems when they travel up to Leicester.
- Bafetimbi GOMIS [WAT(A), 7.4m] – Gomis didn’t let us down in the game against United in Gameweek 4 and picked up a bonus point in addition to his 4th goal in as many games. He’ll be feeling full of beans having scored in every game this season and will do anything to keep the run going.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [CPL(A), 13.2m] – Like Sanchez, Aguero is building up his match fitness following an extended break, and over the international period he scored 2 whilst setting up 3 more in a 7-0 thrashing of Bolivia. Languishing on a single goal, Aguero will be eager to catch up his fellow rivals who have stolen an early march for the golden boot.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ronmacphotos/