Following the upsets of last week, what does the Premier League have in store for us this time round. Both Manchester sides will be looking to bounce back from shock defeats and Man City kick the proceedings off with a home game against Everton in Saturday’s lunchtime fixture.
At 3pm, we’ll see Liverpool’s SAS in action once again when they take on Crystal Palace, before Man United wrap things up in the evening fixture with an away trip to Sunderland. This late kick off should be interesting, where we expect both sides to get on the scoresheet.
On Sunday, we’re in for another busy day of football action, with 8 teams taking to the pitches. At 1.30pm, Mourinho takes his side to Norwich, looking to build on the impressive midweek Champions League win over Steaua. Rounding off Gameweek 7, both North London sides are in action, with Arsenal travelling to West Brom and Spurs playing host to West Ham.
If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. We look into the fixtures and form to see which players are most likely to score high.
So without further ado, here is our selection for the seventh gameweek of the season:
- Simon MIGNOLET [CPL(H), 5.8m] – Liverpool have been solid in defence, conceding just the one goal at home all season. Rodgers will want them to continue in this vein, when Crystal Palace arrive on Saturday. With this in mind, we’re giving the goalkeeper jersey to Simon Mignolet this weekend with another clean sheet looking likely.
- Jan VERTONGHEN [WHM(H), 7.0m] – Vertonghen was given the night off when Spurs travelled to Anzhi, so he should be fully refreshed and raring to go when West Ham turn up on Sunday. Although, coming in at a hefty price, Vertonghen is the Spurs defender of choice having racked up 6 additional bonus points this season and a significant attacking threat that is yet to pay off.
- Branislav IVANOVIC [NOR(A), 6.5m] – Another defensive player who likes to charge forward is Branislav Ivanovic. On more than one occasion, the Serbian has been found venturing into the opposition’s final third. With Norwich struggling for goals, Ivanovic has the potential to bring in points at both ends of the field for Chelsea this weekend.
- Luke SHAW [SWA(H), 4.7m] – One of the brightest young defensive talents in the league, Shaw’s lung-bursting runs have been a bonus for Southampton’s attack. The match against Swansea won’t be the easiest but if they can start the game at a high tempo, the Saints could catch the Welsh side sleeping, still recovering from a Thursday night fixture.
- Victor MOSES [CPL(H), 6.3m] – Moses was given the role in the hole for the last Liverpool game away at Sunderland and may be given another chance with Coutinho still on the sidelines. At 6.3m and with Sturridge and Suarez as attacking partners, Moses is great value and could return at any moment.
- Christian ERIKSEN [WHM(H), 8.2m] – Eriksen has failed to deliver any points for his managers since his impressive debut but his all round play still deserves credit. He remains Spurs’ creative push and with set pieces in his locker, it’s surely just a matter of time before Eriksen brings home more attacking points.
- Mesut OZIL [WBA(A), 10.6m] – Ozil was outstanding in Arsenal’s midweek match against Napoli with a fine goal and an equally fine assist. The German star continues to go from strength to strength and Arsenal are playing with some real confidence. Going to the Hawthorns won’t be easy following their win at Old Trafford but this should be a great match and one which Ozil can highlight his talent once more.
- David SILVA [EVE(H), 9.3m] – Another fine left-footed talent is David Silva, who made his return to action in midweek against Bayern. When introduced into the action, City transformed completely, with the Spaniard creating a goal and unlucky to not set up another when Boateng took a tactical red to stop Yaya Toure in his tracks. Everton will be a tricky opposition but if City are to challenge for the title, these are home games they can ill afford to drop points.
- Luis SUAREZ (C) [CPL(H), 11.1m] – Suarez marked his long awaited return to league action with a tidy brace away at Sunderland. With 7 shots in Gameweek 6, it was clear that he was eager to make up for lost time. Suarez is a danger to any side and the Palace defence will have their hands full trying to stop SAS this weekend.
- Roberto SOLDADO [WHM(H), 9.5m] – Soldado is another Spurs player who was given the night off on Thursday and will be well rested for this weekend. Yet to really set the FPL on fire, Soldado is a striker who some are losing faith with. However, Spurs continue to fashion plenty of chances and with Soldado leading the line, he is in the perfect position to prosper.
- Alvaro NEGREDO [EVE(H), 9.3m] – Another player to impress off the bench for City against Bayern was Negredo. He looked lively and scored a fine goal with a decent turn followed by a lovely curling effort that beat Manuel Neuer. We’re backing Negredo to get the nod over Dzeko and with Silva feeding him, Everton’s defence could be in for a busy afternoon.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to email@example.com or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Author Credit: Richard Lam
Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75354150@N06/