We’re treated to another dose of Friday night football as Everton host Crystal Palace this week. So with the gameweek deadline looming closer, make sure your team is ready by 7.00pm on Friday evening.
Managers will be caught out once more but as a fellow Fantasy Football Addict you’re in safe hands and hopefully we can all sneak up on our rivals.
Make the most of the weekend of action though as the international break is up next and we’ll have to wait a fortnight before our next fix of fantasy points.
With a great round of fixtures to see us through this period, let’s get it on!
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Thibaut COURTOIS [HUL(A), 5.5m] – Following a promising start, Chelsea have struggled against the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal in recent weeks. They have an easier fixture in Gameweek 7 and if they can limit Hull to a few chances, Courtois could pick up his second clean sheet of the season.
- Hector BELLERIN [BUR(A), 6.5m] – If you’ve got funds to burn, Bellerin is the number one pick for Arsenal defensive coverage. With occasional bursts down the right and some favourable fixtures, Bellerin has the potential to rack up some big scores as shown by the 11-point haul last weekend.
- Gareth MCAULEY [SUN(A), 4.8m] – West Brom have conceded just 2 goals in their 3 away games so far this season and will keep it tight at the back once more against Sunderland. If McAuley and co can keep a lid on Defoe, defensive returns could be on the cards.
- Antonio VALENCIA [STO(H), 5.6m] – Given a rest in the Europa League as Fosu-Mensah deputised, Valencia will be raring to go against Stoke. In a season where teams are struggling for clean sheets, Valencia has as good a chance as any when he welcomes Stoke to Old Trafford in Gameweek 7.
- WILLIAN [HUL(A), 7.4m] – In the spirit of having a gamble, we’re plumping for Willian as Chelsea visit Hull. Willian is on set pieces and is sure to create plenty of chances as Chelsea look to get their title bid back on track. With a budget-friendly pricetag, we’re backing the talented winger to come good.
- Theo WALCOTT [BUR(A), 7.6m] – Everyone seems to be choosing Sanchez as their Arsenal attacking coverage but Walcott shouldn’t be overlooked. He’s been in terrific form of late and bagged a tidy brace in the midweek Champions League game. With Walcott’s renewed hunger for the game and a very friendly pricetag, he’s an excellent option for any fantasy football squad.
- Philippe COUTINHO [SWA(A), 8.2m] – Coutinho rewarded our faith with a massive 14-point haul against Hull thanks to a belter from outside the box and 2 further assists. Liverpool look incredible going forward and whilst it’s still a little up in the air as to who’s the best midfielder to go for, we’re sticking with Coutinho given the current form he’s in.
- Nacer CHADLI [SUN(A), 6.4m] – Chadli failed to build on his impressive showing against West Ham when he faced Stoke but we’re keeping him for one more week. Next up he faces a Sunderland side that has conceded plenty of chances against each opposition in recent weeks and Chadli’s cheap pricetag allows us to assemble an expensive frontline…
- Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC [STO(H), 11.5m] – Managers have been quick to ditch Zlatan in order to free up funds but let’s not forget that he’s only failed to return attacking points in 2 out of the 6 gameweeks so far. He scored the winner in the Europa League game this week and is sure to be a menace to a Stoke side unable to decide how to grapple with the new rules concerning how to defend inside the box.
- Romelu LUKAKU [CPL(H), 9.3m] – Koeman admitted that Lukaku is suffering from a toe injury but it won’t prevent him from lining up in Gameweek 7. We’re hoping that the Bournemouth game was just a blip and Everton will return to form at the Goodison when they host an attacking Palace lineup, with Lukaku taking centre stage.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [TOT(A), 13.0m] – Aguero faces possibly his toughest encounter so far travelling to a Spurs side in form. However, he has history on his side having scored 10 in 9 games against the London side and Pochettino will be desperately planning a way to stop Aguero and co who are looking deadly in attack.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/wonker/