Just as we thought Chelsea were back on track, they put in another lacklustre performance against Newcastle, only to be saved with a late comeback. How Chelsea will do against Southampton is anyone’s guess but the Saints will provide a stern test for Mourinho’s inconsistent side.
Elsewhere, we’re treated to a Super Sunday as Everton host Liverpool in the Merseyside derby at 1.30pm followed by Arsenal versus Man United at 4pm (with Swansea-Spurs taking place at the same time).
Everton will be boosted by their comeback win against the Baggies, whilst Liverpool are rejuvenated by Sturridge’s return, all pointing towards one tasty encounter. Sanchez also showcased his fine goalscoring talent against Leicester and will be a serious threat to United, who will have taken confidence from their Wolfsburg win midweek.
Anyway, that’s enough talk, let’s get down to business!
So without further ado, here is our weekly FFA Select XI, where we’ve chosen 11 players in a valid formation who we think will score highly this gameweek…
- Heurelho GOMES [BOU(A), 4.5m] – Results against fellow promoted sides could make all the difference come the end of the season so this could be a tight affair. With goals a little hard to come by for Watford, they’ll look to build from the back and add to the 3 clean sheets they already have this campaign.
- Aleksandar KOLAROV [NEW(H), 6.1m] – City have looked particularly susceptible at the back since Kompany’s absence and they may very well concede again against a Newcastle side that will be bouncing following their Chelsea performance. It should be an entertaining match with Kolarov having the chance to attack down the left as City look to hunt down United at the summit.
- Simon FRANCIS [WAT(H), 4.5m] – As we mentioned earlier, Watford have had troubles in front of goal, scoring just 5 all season, whilst Francis has also produced 12 key passes. With stats like these, Francis has the potential to deliver at both ends of the field.
- Aaron CRESSWELL [SUN(A), 5.6m] – Sunderland are having a hard time of it and it won’t get any easier against the Hammers who are in fine away form. Sakho and Payet will help relieve pressure whilst Cresswell will provide attacking support from the wing.
- David SILVA [NEW(H), 10.1m] – Silva made his return in the Champions League and was finding space between the lines once more. Having been substituted after 60 minutes, Silva should be ready to go in this weekend’s match against Newcastle as he makes his first league appearance since Gameweek 4.
- Alexis SANCHEZ [MUN(H), 11.1m] – Sanchez finally rewarded our patience with a fine hat trick as Arsenal ran riot against Leicester. He followed this up with another goal in the Champions League and is looking back to his dangerous best. De Gea will be truly tested when he visits the Emirates in Sunday’s 4pm kick off.
- Dmitri PAYET [SUN(A), 7.9m] – Payet currently sits second in the midfield rankings after having a fantastic start to the season. Last week, he picked up a further assist and was awarded the maximum 3 bonus points for his overall performance, which helps to justify his additional cost when compared to Sakho.
- Yannick BOLASIE [WBA(H), 6.2m] – West Brom struggled with Deulofeu’s wing play in Monday night’s loss against Everton and that doesn’t bode well for this weekend. Palace have some fantastic wingers like Bolasie and if they can get someone as bullish as Lukaku on the end of their crosses, it could be another loss for the Baggies.
- Riyad MAHREZ [NOR(A), 6.5m] – Mahrez drew a blank for just the second time this season against Arsenal but with Norwich conceding big chances each week, he could very well bounce back. With 13 shots from inside the box in the first 7 gameweeks, Mahrez is clearly a goal threat.
- Romelu LUKAKU [LIV(H), 8.2m] – Lukaku came to life in the second half against West Brom to take the game by the scruff of the neck and secure a valuable 3 points for Everton. His 2 goals and an assist were his first attacking points since the impressive performance in Gameweek 2 and Martinez will be hoping Lukaku can plough on in the Merseyside derby.
- Sergio AGUERO (C) [NEW(H), 13.2m] – Aguero was in serious need of a goal and it duly came as he won and scored the penalty to give City 3 points away at Monchengladbach. This will give him a much needed boost after missing a few good chances, which only spells trouble for Newcastle.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway, GET INVOLVED!
Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/calciostreaming/