Liverpool finally wrapped up Gameweek 28 last night with a commanding 3-0 win over Everton in the merseyside derby. Gerrard marked his 400th Premier League appearance with a hat trick and showed the understanding he has on-field with Luis Suarez. With the remaining fixtures looking kind to Liverpool, this partnership could be crucial for a strong finish to the season. Here is a round up of the top Fantasy Premier League performers from Gameweek 28:
- Vorm (9pts, 5.3m) – Swansea pulled out one of the shocks of the season beating Man City 1-0 at the weekend and Vorm thoroughly deserved his clean sheet making 8 saves in the process. The Dutchman is having an extraordinary season and Swansea will have a tough task holding onto him this summer.
- Kelly (11pts, 5.2m) – With Glen Johnson out with injury, Kelly took the opportunity to impress at right back. Against Everton, Kelly showed his attacking ability getting into several promising positions for goalscoring chances, one of which led to the opener and an assist. It remains to be seen whether Kelly will keep his spot once Johnson returns and fantasy premier league fans should be wary of investing until Dalglish offers more of his thoughts on the situation.
- Caulker (9pts, 4.0m) – For the second consecutive week, Caulker appears in our Fantasy Football Addict Dream Team after another strong performance at the back for Swansea. Once again he received the maximum bonus points and at 4.0m, he is a fantasy football bargain and a way to get into the Swansea backline.
- Vermaelen (10pts, 6.7m) – Vermaelen once again showed his attacking prowess with a last-minute winner against Newcastle for a vital 3 points. After running the length of the field, Vermaelen was in the right place at the right time to knock home the winner from a Walcott cross. At 6.7m, he is an expensive option but Arsenal are in some great form following the return of Sagna, Rosicky’s new-found confidence and Van Persie’s unstoppable goalscoring ability.
- Williams (9pts, 5.1m) – Williams has been a rock at the back for Swansea all season and against Man City, this was no different. Putting in another strong performance, it comes as no surprise that many premier league fantasy owners have already brought him in for Gameweek 29.
- Gerrard (19pts, 9.8m) – Struggling with injuries all season, it’s hard to imagine how different Liverpool’s season could have been if they had had Gerrard linking up with Suarez on a regular basis. With Suarez struggling for most of the season to find the back of the net, Gerrard showed his ability in front of goal by lashing in a hat trick using both his left and right foot. With Suarez continuing to be a tricky character up front, there may be several more chances for Gerrard to add to his goalscoring tally before the end of the season if he can put his injury woes behind him.
- Osman (9pts, 6.6m) – Another player to benefit from the double gameweek, Osman contributed to the impressive victory over Spurs with an important fantasy premier league assist. It was possibly down to the exertions at home that he was given a rest against Liverpool, only to come on for the final 30 minutes after the damage had already been done.
- Moses (9pts, 4.9m) – Moses put in a lively performance against Norwich, which was capped with a goal as he rounded Ruddy to steer into an empty net. Those looking to invest in this budget premier league fantasy option should be wary as Wigan face Liverpool, Chelsea, Man.U and Arsenal in their next 6 league fixtures!
- Rooney (13pts, 12.4m) – United finally wrestled the top spot off City this weekend with an impressive victory over West Brom. Rooney scored the only goals of the game to add to his impressive goal tally for the season. With United set for a strong fixture run, fantasy football owners of Rooney can look forward to picking up many more premier league fantasy points before the end of the season.
- Hoilett (13pts, 5.5m) – Another fantasy premier league player to pick up a brace was Junior Hoilett, as Blackburn secured a vital 3 points away at fellow strugglers Wolves. This young man has been threatening all season and is sure to have a bright future. However, for now his focus will be on helping Blackburn preserve their Premier League status with 10 important games left.
- Suarez (10pts, 9.5m) – The Uruguayan put in an impressive shift against Everton, working hard and contributing by setting up Gerrard for two of his goals. If Gerrard remains fit, Liverpool fans can look forward to the next couple of months as Liverpool embark on a favourable fixture run, giving this partnership many opportunities to develop.