Gameweek 32 finished on Sunday with United extending their lead at the top to 8 points and Arteta virtually ending City’s title hopes. Barring something quite miraculous, United will be crowned champions at the end of the season. Here is a round up of the top fantasy performers from Gameweek 32 in a valid Fantasy Premier League formation:
- Ben FOSTER (8pts, 4.8m) – West Brom edged closer to securing their Premiership status with a 3-0 win over Blackburn. Foster has a busy afternoon though making 5 saves to shut Blackburn out and was rewarded with a bonus point for his efforts.
- Liam RIDGEWELL (14pts, 4.5m) – Ridgewell also played his part in the 3-0 win over Blackburn by getting his name on the scoresheet and helping his team to a clean sheet. With West Brom on 39 points, they have surely secured their status in the top flight for another season.
- Robert HUTH (11pts, 5.6m) – Huth was another defender who got his name on the scoresheet at the weekend, pouncing on a knock down to rifle in his shot. Huth has been threatening attacking returns for most of the season and in Gameweek 32 he finally delivered.
- Branislav IVANOVIC (10pts, 6.6m) – Ivanovic continued his impressive attacking form with a poacher’s goal despite being in an offside position. His premier league fantasy managers won’t be too concerned though, with another double-figure haul heading their way.
- Clint DEMPSEY (15pts, 9.3m) – Dempsey is having an incredible season, once again proving to be a fantasy premier league success with another brace at the weekend. Despite Fulham’s recent away day woes, Dempsey’s powerful free kick inspired them to a 3-0 win over Bolton.
- Mahamadou DIARRA (14pts, 4.8m) – Diarra played his first full 90 minutes of the season against Bolton picking up a goal and an assist in the victory. If he secures a spot in the Fulham starting 11, he could prove to be an interesting differential for the remainder of their games.
- Mikel ARTETA (11pts, 8.0m) – Arteta struck late on to seriously dent City’s hopes of catching United in the title race. With 2 goals in his last 3 matches, Arteta is showing some form to help Arsenal in this intriguing battle for the Champions League spots.
- Yohan CABAYE (11pts, 5.8m) – Cabaye was the chief creator setting up Cisse for both of his goals away at Swansea. He has picked up a slight knock but his fantasy premier league managers will be hoping that he overcomes the injury for the upcoming fixture against Bolton.
- Chris HERD (10pts, 4.4m) – Herd arrived in the penalty box at the right moment to dispatch a strong finish into the top left hand corner of Doni’s goal. Villa managed to survive the late onslaught from Liverpool to secure a much needed point in their fight to stay in the Premier League.
- Papiss CISSE (13pts, 7.6m) – Cisse continued his amazing start to the Premier League with another brace at Swansea. With his movement and goalscoring ability, he is proving to be a real premier league fantasy hit. Newcastle now have the form and confidence to mount a realistic challenge for the Champions League spots which would cap an amazing season from Pardew and his men.
- Nikica JELAVIC (13pts, 6.0m) – Jelavic is another January transfer who is proving to be an excellent buy, grabbing his first brace away at Norwich. Everton have struggled for goals this season but are finishing on a high with the addition of Jelavic who is providing the cutting edge that they were previously lacking up top.
That concludes our round-up of the top performers this gameweek, how many of these players were present in your squad? Did any of you fantasy football addicts bring in one of these players at the last minute only to be rewarded with a strong points haul? Feel free to get involved by commenting in the boxes below or joining the conversation on Twitter with @FFAddicted. Also, don’t forget to like us on the Fantasy Football Addict Facebook page for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad!