How things can change in the space of one gameweek! Many were writing City off on Sunday afternoon but 3 days later and the title race is back on after United lost at Wigan, whilst City hit 4 against the Baggies. Here is a round up of the top fantasy performers from Gameweek 33 in a valid Fantasy Premier League formation:
- Tim KRUL (7pts, 5.0m) – Our Selext XI keeper choice proved to be the highest scoring man between the sticks for Gameweek 33. Once again Bolton had chances to score but were unable to find a way past Krul, who picked up another clean sheet as Newcastle continued their challenge for a Champions League spot.
- Anton FERDINAND (9pts, 4.3m) – QPR picked up a vital 3 points at home to Swansea with a strong performance. Ferdinand played his role at the back securing a clean sheet, whilst creating a goal, showing his potential to pick up fantasy premier league points at both ends of the pitch.
- Robert HUTH (9pts, 5.6m) – Huth got his second goal within the week, scoring away at Aston Villa. He has been threatening attacking returns all season and is finally delivering at the business end of the season.
- Gary CALDWELL (8pts, 4.5m) – Wigan pulled out the upset of the premier league fantasy gameweek with a 1-0 victory over United. They were deserved winners with Caldwell marshalling the back four. For his overall performance, he was also awarded 2 bonus points adding up to an 8-point haul.
- Maxi RODRIGUEZ (14pts, 7.0m) – In his first performance since Gameweek 22, Maxi Rodriguez grabbed a brace away at Blackburn. With this sort of performance, Maxi has put his name in the hat for the FA Cup semi-final against Everton this weekend.
- Theo WALCOTT (13pts, 9.5m) – Walcott continued his impressive season with a goal and an assist at Wolves. The away win has now opened up a 5-point gap between Arsenal and 4th place Spurs.
- Leon OSMAN (13pts, 6.6m) – Despite making several changes, Everton romped to victory over Sunderland. Osman played an important role picking up a goal, an assist and was rewarded with 2 bonus points.
- Adel TAARABT (12pts, 5.8m) – Taarabt continued his strong home form with 2 assists in QPR’s important win over Swansea. The 3 points dragged QPR out of the relegation zone and it looks like this battle might go down to the very end.
- Steven PIENAAR (12pts, 7.0m) – Everton will miss the influence of Pienaar this weekend with him cup-tied for the FA Cup semi-final. He has been leading Everton’s recent charge, and he picked up a goal and an assist against Sunderland. Plenty of fantasy football investment should go his way after the Gameweek 34 blank.
- Sergio AGUERO (19pts, 10.8m) – Aguero marked his return with a monster premier league fantasy haul against the Baggies. Aguero had a hand in every goal, scoring twice whilst creating the other two. If City harbour any hopes of catching United, they will be praying that Aguero can take his home form with him on their travels.
- Magaye GUEYE (15pts, 4.6m) – Gueye completed his first full 90 minutes of the season with a cracking fantasy football performance. He got his name on the scoresheet whilst picking up 2 assists. If he can convince Moyes to give him a run in the first team, he could be a bargain-basement differential but whether he will get this opportunity remains to be seen.
That concludes our round-up of the top performers this fantasy football gameweek, how many of these players were present in your squad? Did any of you fantasy football addicts bring in one of these players at the last minute only to be rewarded with a strong points haul? Feel free to get involved by commenting in the boxes below or joining the conversation on Twitter with @FFAddicted. Also, don’t forget to like us on the Fantasy Football Addict Facebook page for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad!