Gameweek 34 ended last night with a shock win for Wigan away at the Emirates, who are giving their fans something to shout about. One thing is for certain, Wigan are not going down without a fight and are performing way above expectations. Here is a round up of the top fantasy football performers from Gameweek 34 in a valid Fantasy Premier League formation:
- Simon MIGNOLET (8pts, 4.4m) – Sunderland were unable to find a way past Wolves but at the same time Wolves could not breach Mignolet’s goal. He was kept busy though making 5 saves in the process, helping him to collect a bonus point for his efforts.
- Patrice EVRA (11pts, 7.5m) – Evra had a very productive fantasy premier league weekend, picking up 11 points. Evra helped himself to an assist, whilst picking up 2 bonus points for his overall performance. At 7.5m, he is a pricey acquisition but in Gameweek 34 Evra proved that he can pick up points at both ends of the pitch.
- Jonny EVANS (9pts, 5.6m) – Evans is another United defender who found himself picking up attacking points after surging upfield to provide the assist for Nani’s goal. Evans has been in great form of late, collecting clean sheets and attacking returns in recent fantasy gameweeks.
- Thomas VERMAELEN (8pts, 7.1m) – Vermaelen picked up his 6th goal of the season in the loss against Wigan. He powered home a header to pick up vital premier league fantasy points despite conceding to show his potential to provide attacking returns.
- Gylfi SIGURDSSON (14pts, 5.6m) – Sigurdsson continued his amazing half-season with another double figure points haul. Sigurdsson grabbed a goal and an assist in the 3-0 win over Blackburn, and was duly rewarded with the maximum 3 bonus points. At 5.6m, he is a must have for any fantasy football squad.
- Jordi GOMEZ (13pts, 4.6m) – Wigan’s lightning start shocked Arsenal, with Gomez picking up a goal and assist within the first 10 minutes of the match. Naturally he was awarded with 3 bonus points to cap an excellent fantasy performance.
- Nathan DYER (11pts, 4.8m) – Dyer was also on the scoresheet in the 3-0 win over Blackburn and at 4.8m is another bargain basement midfielder to break into Gameweek 34’s Dream Team.
- Graham DORRANS (10pts, 5.4m) – Dorrans smashed home the vital goal in the 1-0 win for the Baggies over QPR. With West Brom threatening to join the relegation battle, it was a vital victory which has practically secured their Premier League status for another season. At 5.4m, he rounds off a fantasy premier league gameweek, where the budget midfielders were on top.
- Sergio AGUERO (12pts, 11.1m) – Aguero keeps his place in the Dream Team for the second consecutive week after another impressive premier league fantasy performance. All too often this season, Aguero has been criticised for not being able to replicate his home form on his travels but this was not the case at Norwich, where he picked up a brace.
- Carlos TEVEZ (19pts, 11.8m) – Tevez was the hat trick hero against Norwich and is having an incredible return to the league. Since returning he has struck up an excellent partnership with Aguero and has returned the cutting edge to City’s attack. In this form, City will be favourites to finish the season very strongly.
- Wayne ROONEY (13pts, 13.0m) – Rooney was not at his best against Villa but still picked up a brace by tucking away a penalty and tapping home a second before being substituted. If United are to win the league, they will need Rooney to keep finding the back of the net one way or another.
That concludes our round-up of the top performers this fantasy football gameweek, how many of these players were present in your squad? Did any of you fantasy football addicts bring in one of these players at the last minute only to be rewarded with a strong points haul? Feel free to get involved by commenting in the boxes below or joining the conversation on Twitter with @FFAddicted. Also, don’t forget to like us on the Fantasy Football Addict Facebook page for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad!