The penultimate gameweek finished late last night with Liverpool achieving some form of revenge defeating Chelsea 4-1. Man City got the result they desperately needed away at Newcastle and now need to beat relegation strugglers QPR at home in the final gameweek. Without further ado here is a round up of the top fantasy football performers from Gameweek 37 in a valid Fantasy Premier League formation:
- David DE GEA (8pts, 6.2m) – United kept the pressure on City with a win over Swansea but De Gea had quite a busy afternoon, making 6 saves in the match, earning him an additional 2 fantasy points. Adding those to the clean sheet made De Gea the best goalkeeper from Gameweek 37 and gave him the spot between the sticks for our Dream Team.
- Antolin ALCARAZ (15pts, 4.3m) – Alcaraz secured Wigan’s Premier League status with a last ditch goal, compounding Blackburn to the Championship within the same moment. Wigan have played some excellent football to drag themselves off the foot of the table and will once again be part of the Fantasy Premier League next season.
- Ciaran CLARK (11pts, 4.5m) – Clark grabbed an important goal against Spurs in the 1-1 draw at Villa Park. This point means that Bolton will need to overcome a 14-goal difference if they are to see Villa go down in their place.
- Gael CLICHY (11pts, 5.7m) – Clichy once again showed his attacking threat with an assist in the away match at Newcastle, setting up Yaya Toure. Two premier league fantasy bonus points were also awarded, giving Clichy a strong haul in the penultimate gameweek.
- Anton FERDINAND (10pts, 4.3m) – QPR grabbed a late victory over Stoke to keep their survival hopes alive with Ferdinand setting up the Select XI pick Cisse, to continue his excellent strike rate. QPR have it all to do though with a trip to the Etihad in Gameweek 38, with Bolton breathing down their neck.
- Yaya TOURE (15pts, 7.8m) – Yaya Toure scored an important fantasy football brace to pick up 3 valuable points in the race for the title. Mancini made an excellent move in bringing on De Jong to free up Yaya Toure to charge forward with pace and power. City will hope he can repeat the performance in Gameweek 38 to bring the title to the blue half of Manchester.
- Martin PETROV (12pts, 5.2m) – Petrov continued his brilliant form of late playing a part in both of Bolton’s goals in their 2-2 draw with the Baggies. He grabbed a goal and an assist in an impressive performance to keep Bolton in the fight for survival. They face a tricky trip to Stoke next knowing that a win is needed to stay in the top flight.
- Wes HOOLAHAN (11pts, 5.0m) – Hoolahan was central to pulling off the upset of the gameweek in a 6-goal thriller at the Emirates. Hoolahan got his name on the scoresheet whilst collecting an assist in the 3-3 draw. Norwich have been brilliant and they can look forward to being part of fantasy premier league next season.
- Paul SCHOLES (11pts, 5.1m) – Scholes played his role in the 2-0 win over Swansea grabbing the opener in the must-win game. He also picked up a point for a clean sheet and was rewarded with the maximum 3 bonus points for his overall contribution despite coming off after 67 minutes.
- Ashley YOUNG (10pts, 9.6m) – Young joins his fellow teammate Scholes in the Dream Team after getting the second of United’s goals. Young showed his curling ability and will be hoping to get the nod in the final match of the season at Sunderland.
- Robin VAN PERSIE (13pts, 13.2m) – In an unusual Dream Team formation, Van Persie is the only striker after other attackers were outdone by other premier league fantasy positions. Despite picking up a brace, RVP was unable to prevent Arsenal from drawing but luckily for them, all of the other Champions League hopefuls also dropped points. Arsenal now need to beat the Baggies in Gameweek 38 to secure a spot in the prestigious European tournament.
That concludes our round-up of the top performers this fantasy football gameweek, how many of these players were present in your squad? Did any of you fantasy football addicts bring in one of these players at the last minute only to be rewarded with a strong points haul? Feel free to get involved by commenting in the boxes below or joining the conversation on Twitter with @FFAddicted. Also, don’t forget to like us on the Fantasy Football Addict Facebook page for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad!