The season could not have finished in a more dramatic fashion; with City grabbing two goals in stoppage time to wrestle the title back from United and bring ecstasy to all of their fans. For the neutral it was breathtaking stuff but for United fans it must have been heartwrenching. However, this is football and for every winner there has to be a loser. Unfortunately, the season is finally over and here is our round up of the top fantasy football performers from Gameweek 38 in a valid Fantasy Premier League formation:
- Brad FRIEDEL (8pts) – Friedel is our final Dream Team goalkeeper of the season after shutting out a Fulham side missing their main inspiration; Dempsey. Spurs secured the victory they needed and will now be watching the Champions League final closely, rooting for Bayern to get one over on their home turf to allow Spurs to fight for qualification to the most prestigious European tournament.
- Johnny HEITINGA (17pts) – Heitinga rose highest to nod home Gibson’s free kick for Everton’s third goal over Newcastle. That win helped Everton to finish above their Merseyside rivals Liverpool and that will give the Everton fans some hope for next season.
- Emmerson BOYCE (16pts) – Boyce finished the season in great style, grabbing an unlikely brace in the hard fought win over Wolves. His second was an excellent strike on the half volley with the outside of his foot. Wigan had done all the hard work before going into Gameweek 38 but it will have been a good send off for their fans in their final game of the season.
- John TERRY (10pts) – Terry made up for his shocking premier league fantasy performance against Liverpool by scoring Chelsea’s first in their win over Blackburn by rising highest. England fans will be hoping that Terry won’t be too distracted by his pending court case and can pick up a few goals in Ukraine.
- Laurent KOSCIELNY (10pts) – Koscielny got the all important third goal for Arsenal, after Fulop gifted him a goal, following Van Persie’s corner. That goal secured third place for Arsenal and a spot in the Champions League next season. Arsenal fans will be hoping that is enough to encourage Van Persie to sign a new contract, without him they will simply not be the same.
- Angel RANGEL (9pts) – Rangel has threatened attacking returns all season but has rarely delivered barring this final gameweek. Rangel had the vision to pick out Graham for the only goal in the win over Liverpool to end Swansea’s season on a high.
- Jonathan WALTERS (14pts) – Walters proved to be the downfall of Bolton, scoring two controversial fantasy football goals, bundling into Bogdan for his first before thumping home a penalty for his second. His fantasy owners won’t mind too much though as Walters picked up a double figure haul.
- Raul MEIRELES (10pts) – Meireles got Chelsea’s second after a powerful run by Essien, left the ball right in front of him to strike home. He will be devastated to miss out on the Champions League final on Saturday and only time will tell how much Chelsea will miss him.
- Mark DAVIES (10pts) – Davies got his name on the scoresheet for Bolton but was unable to save his team from relegation in the 2-2 draw with Stoke. Bolton fans will be praying for a quick return to the Premier League with a strong campaign in the Championship next season.
- Danny GRAHAM (9pts) – Graham has been incredibly important for Swansea with many premier league fantasy goals over the course of the season. He managed to get one more in the final gameweek to give the Swansea fans something to cheer about in their 1-0 win over Liverpool.
- Simeon JACKSON (9pts) – Jackson grabbed his first league goal since New Year’s Eve to score the second against Aston Villa, who can consider themselves lucky to stay up despite missing out on the magical 40pt mark. On the other hand, Norwich can be proud of their performance this season, giving their fans plenty of hope for the next campaign.
That concludes our round-up of the top performers this fantasy football gameweek, how many of these players were present in your squad? Did any of you fantasy football addicts bring in one of these players at the last minute only to be rewarded with a strong points haul? Feel free to get involved by commenting in the boxes below or joining the conversation on Twitter with @FFAddicted. Also, don’t forget to like us on the Fantasy Football Addict Facebook page for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad!