Now that the weekend is over and all of the bonus points are in, we can assess Gameweek 26. There were some very important wins for Chelsea and Arsenal, whilst the two Manchester clubs once again reeled in 3 points a piece. Here is a round up of the top Fantasy Premier League performers from the past week:
- Schwarzer (8pts, 4.8m) – Fulham may have felt as if they had a point to prove against previous manager Hughes, which helped them to a hard fought 1-0 victory against QPR. Schwarzer was only tested once in the first half from a SWP shot and a Zamora follow-up and had little to do in the second half against 10-men QPR.
- Kolarov (15pts, 6.1m) – Kolarov has now started the last 3 gameweeks, despite playing very little up until Gameweek 24. He has managed to claim a clean sheet in each and added two assists against Blackburn with some superb crossing. For his efforts, he also received 3 bonus points. With Man City facing Bolton at home next, another clean sheet could be looming for the Serbian, however there remains the risk that Mancini might rotate with Clichy eager for some playing time.
- Upson (14pts, 4.2m) – Upson put in an excellent fantasy premier league performance against Swansea, grabbing the first goal and making several defensive interventions during the 90 minutes. For his display he was also awarded 2 bonus points.
- David Luiz (13pts, 6.3m) – Luiz once again showed his attacking premier league fantasy prowess with an impressive finish against Bolton. Adding a rare Chelsea clean sheet and a bonus point to the mix gave Luiz owners 13 points.
- Sagna (12pts, 6.1m) – Sagna’s impressive attacking performance more than made up for Arsenal’s inability to keep a clean sheet. Scoring a powerful header and providing an assist helped Sagna to 2 fantasy premier league bonus points and an impressive 12 point haul from Gameweek 26.
- Walcott (15pts, 8.8m) – Another player to benefit from Arsenal’s trouncing of Spurs was Theo Walcott. Despite suffering from a difficult first half, he managed to turn in a brilliant display with two very well taken finishes. For his efforts, he was rewarded with 3 bonus points too.
- Lampard (14pts, 11m) – This man simply loves scoring against Bolton and to prove a point to AVB, Lampard collected a goal and an assist at the weekend to bring him back onto our fantasy premier league radar. Time and time again, Lampard has shown what a fantasy football asset he can be with goals from midfield.
- Andrews (10pts, 4.5m) – Keith Andrews put in an inspired midfield performance against Sunderland with a well struck goal, helping him to 2 bonus points. He also benefited from West Brom’s ability to collect a rare clean sheet.
- Odemwingie (13pts, 7.2m) – Another man who played an important role for the Baggies was Peter Odemwingie. With 5 goals in his last two matches, it seems as if Odemwingie is back to his best after clearing the air with Roy Hodgson. For his brace against Sunderland, he also received the maximum bonus point haul.
- Doyle (12pts, 5.7m) – The plucky Irishman helped to inspire a Wolves comeback at Newcastle. Coming from two goals behind, Doyle pitched in with a goal and an assist to claim a valuable point. As a result he was awarded 3 bonus points.
- Drogba (11pts, 10.1m) – With Torres still struggling to find the back of the net, Drogba stepped up to the plate with a powerful header against Bolton. He also assisted David Luiz, which helped him to 2 bonus points. Drogba did pick up a knee injury and is considered a doubt for their next game away at the Baggies.