With 10 gameweeks down, we are well into the season but there is still plenty of time to catch up your rivals or increase a lead you may have. Surprisingly, there is no early fixture on the Saturday but United round things up with an evening fixture when they travel to Villa Park, in the hope of extending their lead at the top of the table. Sunday looks packed full of action as City take on Spurs before Newcastle take on West Ham, with the small matter of Chelsea Liverpool to finish things off for Gameweek 11. With some great matches to look forward to, hopefully we’ll have a higher scoring weekend than we did in Gameweek 10.
To help you plan ahead for the weekend, we’ve taken a look at the fixtures and form, and have come up with some players you might want to consider bringing in or captaining for Gameweek 11. If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Premier League Fantasy Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. So without further ado, here is our selection for the eleventh gameweek of the season:
- Ali AL-HABSI [WBA(H), 5.0m] – Wigan have improved their performances of late and pulled off the shock of Gameweek 10 with a win away at White Hart Lane. Wigan kept Spurs quiet and came away with an important 1-0 win. West Brom won’t be the easiest of oppositions but Wigan are in great form and will be looking for another strong performance in front of their home fans.
- Ryan SHAWCROSS [QPR(H), 5.0m] – QPR are still languishing in the relegation zone with pressure mounting on Hughes but they will have a difficult task when they travel to the Britannia. Stoke have only conceded once at home all season and Pulis will be looking to keep it tight at the back whilst they struggle to find the back of the net at the other end of the field.
- RAFAEL Da Silva [AVL(A), 6.2m] – United have been far from secure at the back but Rafael continues to show his attacking threat and he will once again push forward when they take on Aston Villa in Gameweek 11. Rafael picked up another assist last weekend to make it two in his last two games, and Villa will have to keep a close eye on his venturing runs from the back in Saturday’s late kick off.
- Leighton BAINES [SUN(H), 7.6m] – Baines seems to be a regular for our Select XI purely for his attacking threat. With his surging runs down the left and his control of set pieces, Baines’ statistics mirror that of a quality fantasy football midfielder. With Sunderland looking out of sorts, Baines has a great opportunity to score points at both ends of the field.
- Miguel MICHU [SOT(A), 7.3m] – Michu has struggled to return points in his last two games but they have come against Man City and Chelsea. Taking on Southampton, he should get chances to score against a porous backline, especially if he continues to play in the striker role. Swansea outplayed Chelsea for significant periods last weekend and Southampton will have to up their performance in Gameweek 11 to match the Welsh side.
- Juan MATA [LIV(H), 9.4m] – Mata was unable to take part in Gameweek 10 but he returned last night in the Champions League to provide the assist for the winning goal in the 3-2 cracker. It’s become clear how important Mata is to the Chelsea side as they lacked an edge against Swansea but with the Spaniard back, they are sure to cause a whole host of problems for the Liverpool backline to deal with.
- Marouane FELLAINI (C) [SUN(H), 7.2m] – Fellaini has been a fantasy premier league revelation so far this season and he delivered once again in Gameweek 10 with a brace to become the highest points scorer in the Dream Team. Playing in the support striker role, Fellaini showed his ability to finish, which has led to a 0.2m price rise from transfers in this week alone. With Everton facing Sunderland next, we’ve decided to give the big Belgian the captain’s armband this gameweek.
- Santi CAZORLA [FUL(H), 9.4m] – Arsenal struggled to find a rhythm last weekend at Old Trafford and things were going well for them on Tuesday night before they let Schalke pull the result back to 2-2. However, Wenger will be hoping that they can put their recent woes behind them when they take on fellow London side Fulham in Gameweek 11. Cazorla is clearly a skilful player and he buried his consolation goal last weekend, if Arsenal are to get a result in front of their home fans, Cazorla will be the chief creative talent.
- Nikica JELAVIC [SUN(H), 8.5m] – It’s simply a matter of time before Jelavic starts finding the back of the net again. At Craven Cottage, Jelavic had countless chances and is set to have more when Everton take on Sunderland this weekend. The Wearside club will have to go completely against the run of form to cause an upset this weekend but here at Fantasy Football Addict, we can only see this game going one way.
- Robin VAN PERSIE [AVL(A), 13.5m] – Van Persie took no time at all to punish his fomer side for some slack defending in Gameweek 10 but as we expected, his celebrations were muted out of respect. The Dutchman looks in unstoppable form at the moment and many a fantasy football manager will be looking to him as their captaincy choice this gameweek when United travel to a favourite hunting ground.
- Carlos TEVEZ [TOT(H), 9.5m] – Currently the second highest points scorer for strikers, Tevez has picked up 6 assists and 4 goals already this season. Whilst City have struggled without their talisman David Silva, he might be set to return but gametime may be limited. With or without Silva, City will create chances against a Spurs side that might be a little tired from Thursday’s match against Maribor.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to email@example.com or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway! For a second chance to win a squad analysis, join our “League of Addicts” by entering the following code: 98894-156973, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: Flickr – wonker