The internationals are out of the way and like Premier League managers across the country, hopefully you didn’t pick up any injuries from the midweek matches. Looking ahead to Gameweek 12, we have a rampacked Saturday with Champions League fixtures in mind. There are some belters with the North London derby between Arsenal and Spurs kicking things off in the early kick off on Saturday before 6 games take place at 3pm.
The Saturday evening fixture features Norwich playing host to league leaders United, where their impressive defence will be given a stern test. There is only the one game on the Sunday, where O’Neill will take his Sunderland boys to Fulham to take on dangermen Berbatov and Ruiz. To finish things off, we have a Monday night fixture where West Ham take on Stoke in what should be a tight encounter.
To help you plan ahead for the weekend, we’ve taken a look at the fixtures and form, and have come up with some players you might want to consider bringing in or captaining for Gameweek 12. If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Premier League Fantasy Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. So without further ado, here is our selection for the twelfth gameweek of the season:
- Jussi JAASKELAINEN [STO(H), 5.1m] – Few would’ve thought that West Ham could concede none against Man City and Newcastle but that is what has been achieved in the last two gameweeks. With Stoke still trying to find more creativity up front, Jaaskelainen will be looking to make it 3 clean sheets out of 3.
- Ryan SHAWCROSS [WHM(A), 5.1m] – Stoke have also been impressive at the back and Pulis will want this to continue when they travel to West Ham on Monday night. This is bound to be a tight match, where it might be possible that both defences come out on top in a low-scoring affair.
- RAFAEL Da Silva [NOR(A), 6.4m] – United have looked vulnerable at the back but their attack continues to counter this. Norwich have been far from prolific up front whilst Fergie will want a stronger defensive performance from his backline. This isn’t a straightforward match for United but Rafael’s attacking threat affords him a spot in Gameweek 12’s Select XI.
- Leighton BAINES [RDG(A), 7.6m] – The same can be said for Baines with Everton failing to keep clean sheets whilst Baines continues to create chances aplenty. At some times in a game, Baines will practically operate as a winger and with Everton in such fine form, attacking returns are always possible from the talented left back.
- David SILVA [AVL(H), 9.3m] – Silva made his return from injury in the previous gameweek to instantly show what City have been missing in recent weeks. Silva found Dzeko with a delightful through ball which made the difference in the tight victory over Spurs. With the creative Spaniard back in the picture, Villa may be in for a difficult afternoon, especially as Silva stayed behind whilst Spain travelled to Panama.
- Gareth BALE [ARS(A), 9.7m] – Arsenal’s backline were abysmal in Gameweek 11, making routine errors which afforded Fulham the opportunity to slot 3 past them. With midweek internationals preventing them from addressing these issues, Bale and the Spurs lads will have no fear going into this North London derby. Bale is a very talented player and his pace is sure to be a worry for the Gunners’ defence this gameweek.
- Marouane FELLAINI (C) [RDG(A), 7.6m] – Fellaini rewarded our faith with a 13 point haul to make the fantasy premier league dream team for Gameweek 11. With Mirallas likely to be out, travelling to Reading may be a tricky fixture but Everton continue to carve out chances and Fellaini is likely to be a significant danger for the Reading backline.
- Theo WALCOTT [TOT(H), 8.7m] – Walcott has struggled with injuries all season but managed to play most of the game against Fulham, making his mark with 2 crosses for Giroud to power home. Playing on the wing, Walcott delivered a massive total of 18 crosses and if he can replicate this form against Spurs, Giroud could benefit once again.
- Dimitar BERBATOV [SUN(H), 7.4m] – Berbatov continued his outstanding form this season with 2 goals and an assist away at the Emirates last weekend. The Bulgarian is clearly looking confident and with Ruiz supporting him, Fulham look dangerous up top. Sunderland are still struggling to create chances and in Sunday’s matchup, Fulham look the team more likely to take all 3 points.
- Robin VAN PERSIE [NOR(A), 13.7m] – Van Persie continued his constant point scoring with an assist in the 3-2 win over Villa. The Dutchman was unlucky to find himself on the scoresheet after hitting the bar twice, one of which included a delightful curler from just outside the box. Norwich’s defence has performed well of late but they will have to up their game against RVP.
- Luis SUAREZ [WIG(H), 10.0m] – The final spot in our Select XI goes to Luis Suarez, who seems to be a bit of a menace in every match he plays. In the match against Chelsea, he accidentally injured Terry before pushing Ramires away to nod home the equaliser. In Gameweek 12, Liverpool take on Wigan and Rodgers will once again look to the Uruguayan to make the difference between the two sides.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway! For a second chance to win a squad analysis, join our “League of Addicts” by entering the following code: 98894-156973, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: Flickr – easportsfifa