Gameweek 13 is just around the corner, so it’s time to start planning the fantasy football squad and making improvements where necessary through transfers. With the shock sacking of Di Matteo this week, Benitez steps into the Chelsea hot seat and he has a difficult first game in charge against the league champions Man City. That match takes place at 4pm on Sunday afternoon and it is sure to be a belter with both defences being far from secure.
To help you plan ahead for the weekend, we’ve taken a look at the fixtures and form, and have come up with some players you might want to consider bringing in or captaining for Gameweek 13. If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Premier League Fantasy Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. So without further ado, here is our selection for the thirteenth gameweek of the season:
- Ali AL HABSI [RDG(H), 5.0m] – Wigan struggled last week when faced with the difficult task of marshalling Luis Suarez and company but Martinez will be eager to make up for that poor performance. They have an ideal match in which to bounce back taking on Reading, who won their first match of the season last weekend. Everton had lots of chances in that game and Martinez will be looking for a confident win in front of their home fans, where Al Habsi may just record a clean sheet.
- Ryan SHAWCROSS [FUL(H), 5.2m] – Stoke have conceded only once at home all season and that was to Man City. That defensive record will be tested against high scorers Fulham but with Ruiz out of the picture, their attacking threat is slightly diminished. With this in mind, Shawcross may just pick up another clean sheet at the fortress that is the Britannia stadium.
- Jose ENRIQUE [SWA(A), 5.7m] – Enrique has been in fine form in his last two matches where he has been moved into an attacking role on the left side of midfield. Picking up a goal and an assist in his previous match, attacking returns look likely for the defensive player in a Liverpool side that won’t fear travelling to Swansea this weekend.
- RAFAEL Da Silva [NOR(A), 6.4m] – United continue to look a bit shaky at the back but QPR have never won an away match under Mark Hughes and it is very unlikely that it will start this weekend. With United through to the knockout round of the Champions League, many players were rested against Galatasaray and they will be raring to go in Gameweek 12. Rafael continues to offer the potential for returns at both ends of the pitch so he finds himself once again in our Select XI.
- Leighton BAINES [NOR(H), 7.6m] – Baines is another defender who is a regular in our Select XI with his outstanding and consistent attacking statistics. He continues to create chances in every match and always has the potential for a big score. The match against Norwich won’t be easy but Moyes will be looking for a win in front of Everton’s home fans this weekend.
- Gareth BALE [WHM(H), 9.7m] – Bale hasn’t really hit top form just yet but the pacey winger has that matchwinning quality that is so hard to find. He may be a little tired from tonight’s Europa League game but the Welshman has energy to burn and will cause the West Ham defence all sorts of problems in Gameweek 13.
- Juan MATA [MCI(H), 9.6m] – Mata’s presence was severely missed in the match against West Brom last weekend and his sub appearance was a matter of too little, too late. The Spaniard is guaranteed to be restored to the starting lineup and will look to get things back on track for his side against a City side who are likely to be missing their defensive rock Vincent Kompany.
- Santi CAZORLA [AVL(A), 9.4m] – Cazorla was lethal in the 5-2 victory over Spurs last week notching a goal and an assist to rack up 13 points. Villa’s defence are likely to be given a stern test by an in-form Arsenal side and Cazorla is likely to be at the heart of everything when they travel to Villa Park in Saturday’s late kick off.
- David SILVA [CHE(A), 9.3m] – Silva is back fully fit and his class is clear for everyone to see. City have missed him all season but now that Silva’s back, they look a different beast altogether. The clever Spaniard has the ability to drift into space and the imagination to slip great through balls in for his attacking players. The match at Stamford Bridge won’t be easy but Chelsea’s defence is far from secure.
- Luis SUAREZ [SWA(A), 10.3m] – Suarez continued his amazing form this season with a brace against Wigan last weekend. The Uruguayan looks full of confidence and it is impossible to leave him out of our Select XI this weekend. Travelling to Swansea won’t be the easiest of tasks but their defence will have their hands full, keeping Suarez and Sterling quiet.
- Robin VAN PERSIE (C) [QPR(H), 13.7m] – For the first time in 8 matches, Van Persie was unable to return any attacking points in the match against Norwich. We think that this is just a minor blip and chances are very likely for RVP to make up for it when he takes on QPR at Old Trafford in Gameweek 13. Fully rested from the midweek game, the Dutchman will be willing and raring to go this weekend.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway! For a second chance to win a squad analysis, join our “League of Addicts” by entering the following code: 98894-156973, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: Flickr – Ronnie Macdonald