With Gameweek 14 finishing on the Wednesday, there’s barely time to catch a breath before Gameweek 15 kicks off. Expect further rotation from teams as managers attempt to keep their lineups fresh, which places greater emphasis on our Fantasy Premier League squads, with subs ready to jump in if necessary. In addition, the final group games of the Champions League take place in the middle of next week, so teams involved could look to rest players in anticipation of those matches. But before all of that we have some crackers in Gameweek 15 including Arsenal taking on Swansea and Man City hosting Everton.
To help you plan ahead for this gameweek, we’ve taken a look at the fixtures and form, and have come up with some players you might want to consider bringing in or captaining for Gameweek 15. If you’re new to Fantasy Football Addict, this is our weekly segment where we choose 11 players in a valid formation to enter our Premier League Fantasy Select XI for the upcoming gameweek. So without further ado, here is our selection for the fifteenth gameweek of the season:
- Jussi JAASKELAINEN [CHE(H), 5.2m] – Since Benitez has taken over, Chelsea have failed to score with the manager clearly favouring defensive solidity over attack. If Benitez sticks to his guns, we could be in for another tightly contested match when he takes Chelsea to West Ham. If so, Jaaskelainen could well be in for a clean sheet, if not save points always provide a backup with the Finn making 15 saves in his last 3 games.
- Jose ENRIQUE [SOT(H), 5.9m] – Enrique disappointed in Gameweek 14, conceding twice and picking up a yellow card to return a big fat zero. However, we have not lost faith in the Spaniard’s talents and if given an attacking role, he may just reward us handsomely. Downing struggled at left back against Spurs and Rodgers may look to switch Johnson over if Enrique is to keep his left wing position.
- RAFAEL Da Silva [RDG(A), 6.5m] – United finally secured a clean sheet in the match against West Ham, whilst creating shed loads of chances. Rafael had his part to play in attack and definitely has the potential to produce at both ends of the field when United take on Reading in Saturday’s late kick-off.
- Javier GARRIDO [SUN(H), 4.8m] – Norwich have been in amazing defensive form of late and in Gameweek 15, they play host to Sunderland who have struggled to create chances this season. With Garrido picking up 2 assists in his last 3 matches, the former Man City man could collect returns from both defensive and attacking attributes.
- David SILVA [EVE(H), 9.4m] – Taking on Everton won’t be the easiest of fixtures for Man City but they could be set to benefit from a hamstring injury to Leighton Baines. If this is to be the case, Everton’s attacking threat will be significantly less with the left back’s crossing out of the picture. This leaves the game open for Silva to inspire City to a valuable 3 points before their final Champions League match.
- Gareth BALE [FUL(A), 9.7m] – Bale was in top form against Liverpool returning double figures despite an own goal and Fulham will have to be on their guard when dealing with the tricky Welshman. Fulham’s clean sheet against Chelsea was their first in 6 matches and it is unlikely that they will come up another defensive-minded side when they take on Spurs this weekend.
- Pablo HERNANDEZ [ARS(A), 6.1m] – Hernandez makes his first appearance in our Fantasy Football Addict Select XI after a run of impressive performances. In his last 3 games, Hernandez has picked up 3 assists and he could act as a cheaper differential for those looking to catch up rivals with Swansea star Michu.
- Theo WALCOTT [SWA(H), 8.7m] – Walcott has been in great form recently with 3 assists and 2 goals in his last 3 matches although he was a little bit lucky with his finish against Everton. If Walcott can continue this sort of form, not only will he have many suitors come January but he could also be a great option for those looking for Arsenal coverage in the coming gameweeks.
- Romelu LUKAKU [STO(H), 6.4m] – Lukaku has had to play second fiddle to Shane Long for most of the season but his recent performances have given Steve Clarke a real selection headache. There is still uncertainty surrounding Lukaku’s start but as shown in Gameweek 13, he can also be effective from the bench, grabbing a goal and an assist. This rewarded him with a start in Gameweek 14 where he scored a consolation goal against Swansea, which may have done enough to convince Clarke to give him another shot against Stoke.
- Robin VAN PERSIE [RDG(A), 13.7m] – Van Persie took no time at all to find the back of the net against West Ham, notching in the first minute via a deflection. With United taking on Reading in Gameweek 15, we have decided to recall RVP to the Select XI lineup. It’s impossible to ignore the threat that the Dutchman possesses whilst Reading have only kept one clean sheet all season
- Luis SUAREZ (C) [SOT(H), 10.4m] – The final spot in our Select XI goes to Luis Suarez, with Liverpool taking on Southampton at Anfield this weekend. Liverpool were unfortunate to be on the losing end against Spurs with them having a great deal of the ball whilst causing their fair share of problems. Rodgers will be keen for Liverpool to bounce back and Southampton could be in for a difficult Saturday afternoon.
[box type=”info”]If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, please share them with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a comment in the box below. Alternatively, you can tweet us at @FFAddicted or leave a message on our Facebook page. Also, don’t forget to like us for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad in our monthly giveaway! For a second chance to win a squad analysis, join our “League of Addicts” by entering the following code: 98894-156973, GET INVOLVED![/box]
Image Credit: Flickr – RuaraidhG