Gameweek 34 sees many teams missing out due to the FA Cup semi-finals, which will see many fantasy premier league managers struggle to put out a starting eleven. Here is our advice on who we think can get you some premier league fantasy points this coming gameweek:
- Michel VORM [BLA(H), 5.3m] – Brendan Rodgers was very disappointed with Swansea’s performance at QPR and we can expect there to be a reaction when they take on Blackburn this weekend. It will be a difficult match against the relegation strugglers but Vorm will be keen to pick up a clean sheet in front of his home fans.
- Jonny EVANS [AVL(H), 5.5m] – Evans was lucky to stay on the pitch against Wigan and Ferguson will have made him well aware of that. We should see a more disciplined performance from Evans against Villa, and as we have seen in recent weeks, Evans may also pick up attacking points if United start well.
- Thomas VERMAELEN [WIG(H), 7.0m] – Arsenal have picked up 4 clean sheets in their last 5 games. Adding Vermaelen’s threat from set pieces as shown by his goal-line block preventing Van Persie from scoring last weekend and this gameweek could be fruitful for the Belgian.
- Matthew KILGALLON [WOL(H), 3.8m] – Excluding the poor performance at Everton, Sunderland have been strong at the back with Kilgallon playing an important role. At 3.8m he is a premier league fantasy bargain and with Wolves visiting next, a clean sheet could be on the cards.
- Gylfi SIGURDSSON [BLA(H), 5.6m] – Sigurdsson has been brilliant since joining Swansea on loan and continues to be a constant attacking threat. If Swansea are to score, Sigurdsson will be involved in one aspect or another.
- Antonio VALENCIA [AVL(H), 8.5m] – United will be keen to get back on track against Villa and Valencia will give their defence plenty to think about this weekend. Fergie will have them ready and raring to go and the Ecuadorian is key to United’s chances. If he’s in the mood, his fantasy premier league managers could be in for a strong points haul.
- Stephane SESSEGNON [WOL(H), 7.5m] – O’Neill will have been very disappointed with Sunderland’s performance at Everton but they have an excellent opportunity to put things right with relegation strugglers Wolves. Sessegnon has the pace and trickery to cause all sorts of problems for a Wolves defence who have struggled all season at keeping a clean sheet.
- Theo WALCOTT [WIG(H), 9.6m] – Wigan will be in high spirits after their win against United and they will prove a tough test for Arsenal this gameweek. However, with Arsenal’s attacking threat, chances will be created and Walcott will have the opportunity to add to his points tally for the season.
- Wayne ROONEY [AVL(H), 13.0m] – Rooney will have been incredibly disappointed being taken off early and not being given the opportunity to pull United back into the game. We can expect there to be a reaction at Old Trafford with Rooney wanting to make amends for his poor performance.
- Robin VAN PERSIE(C) [WIG(H), 13.6m] – Van Persie finally ended his goal drought against Wolves with a delicate chip down the middle from the penalty spot. He is in great form and we fancy him to cause Wigan all sorts of problems when they visit the Emirates on Monday night.
- Sergio AGUERO [NOR(A), 10.9m] – Aguero marked his return with 2 goals and 2 assists against the Baggies, which added up to 19 fantasy football points. If City are to correct their away form to shorten the gap to 2 points, Aguero will no doubt have contributed in one way or another.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, feel free to use the comment boxes below or tweet us at @FFAddicted. Do you feel that we missed someone out or disagree with any of our selections? Let us know. Also, don’t forget to like us on the Fantasy Football Addict Facebook page for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad!