With the season drawing to a close, Gameweek 35 is next on the schedule with teams fighting at the top and bottom. Here is our advice on who we think can get you some premier league fantasy points this coming gameweek:
- Tim KRUL [STO(H), 5.0m] – Although suffering from a back injury, Krul is expected to take the spot between the sticks. Conceding no goals in his last 3 games, Krul will go into the home game against Stoke full of confidence and with the expectation of another clean sheet.
- Jonny EVANS [EVE(H), 5.6m] – Another player who is in great form is Jonny Evans. United’s solidity at the back has seriously helped their fight to retain the league title and another clean sheet against Everton will be very welcome.
- Daniel AGGER [WBA(H), 5.8m] – Liverpool have struggled for consistency in the last couple of months but last weekend they once again got the better of their merseyside rivals. This will give them great confidence going into the home game against the Baggies who are struggling to find the back of the net.
- Vincent KOMPANY [WOL(A), 6.6m] – This weekend Man City travel to bottom of the table Wolves, looking to keep the pressure on United at the top. With Tevez back and causing all sorts of problems, Kompany could be in for a quiet afternoon at the other end of the pitch. A premier league fantasy clean sheet seems likely for the Belgian when the two teams meet on Sunday afternoon.
- Hatem BEN ARFA [STO(H), 6.0m] – Two weekends ago, Ben Arfa put his name in the hat for goal of the season after running 50 yards before slotting past Bogdan. He has undoubted ability and Stoke’s defence will have the difficult task of keeping him quiet in Gameweek 35.
- Antonio VALENCIA [EVE(H), 8.6m] – With Baines out, Valencia may be facing up to Phil Neville when United take on Everton. This will not be a battle that the former United man will be looking forward to and Valencia could be in for a productive fantasy premier league performance this gameweek.
- Gylfi SIGURDSSON [BOL(A), 5.7m] – Swansea bounced back last weekend with a 3-0 win over Blackburn and once again Sigurdsson was a key player grabbing a goal and an assist. With many of his goals coming away from home, we fancy Sigurdsson to cause a few problems for Bolton’s backline.
- Steven GERRARD [WBA(H), 9.5m] – Gerrard has failed to build on his hat trick in Gameweek 28 but with Liverpool sealing their second final of the season last weekend, they will be looking to give their fans more reason to cheer. West Brom have little to play for after sealing their league status and Gerrard will look to take advantage when they visit Anfield this weekend.
- Papiss CISSE [STO(H), 7.8m] – Cisse continued his great form with a tap in against Bolton although it could be claimed he was just offside. With Stoke visiting next, confidence will be flowing through his veins and few will back against Cisse having the chances to add to his impressive goal tally.
- Carlos TEVEZ [WOL(A), 11.9m] – Tevez has taken no time at all to remind us of his quality grabbing 4 goals in his last 2 games. With Tevez back, City’s cutting edge has returned and the goals have been flooding in with 10 in their last 2 matches. Despite Wolves keeping their first clean sheet since August, last weekend, it is incredibly unlikely that they will be able to repeat the feat against City.
- Sergio AGUERO [WOL(A), 11.1m] – For the reasons above, we have decided to double up on City strikers for Gameweek 35. Aguero has been in cracking form since linking up with Tevez and was even able to transfer his home form to an away match, grabbing a brace last weekend. De Vries is expected to start his first match of the season and he couldn’t have asked for a more difficult match to start with.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, feel free to use the comment boxes below or tweet us at @FFAddicted. Do you feel that we missed someone out or disagree with any of our selections? Let us know. Also, don’t forget to like us on the Fantasy Football Addict Facebook page for your chance to win a detailed analysis of your fantasy premier league squad!